What do I do with my stuff while swimming?

This may seem like a silly question, but it's coming from people who've never even been to a beach. There's supposed to be a beautiful beach around the Tulum ruins where we're going for a tour. What do people do with their stuff (cruise card, clothes, etc.) while they're swimming? Is there a place to put stuff? Are there water-proof fannypacks that we can buy before hand? Do you just leave your stuff there and hope it stays? Have fun snickering at us, but thanks for the help!

If you go back to the Home Page of Cruise Critic,scroll all the way down to the bottom, on the right you will see STORE- that's where you can purchase a SeaSafe, and the lanyard to hang it around your neck, so you can put your DL, credit card while you're swimming. Magellans also sell waterproof packs if you want a bigger item. I use my CC seasafe every cruise- it is not waterproof but it holds my seapass, DL and creditcard which is what I care about. :)

The beach (below) is truly both beautiful and enjoyable.

piedra-escondida-private-beach.jpg

tulum-mexco.jpg

First, take only the essentials and then you have two choices:

- Trust everyone and leave it on the shore

- Have one person in you group guard the stuff

Enjoy our visit!

It is really something to walk in the footsteps of the ancients and wonder what it was like in their day as you wander through the ruins.

temple-frescos-castillo.jpg

I use a similar sea safe type thing, but it's Coca cola & it is waterproof. We normally bury anything valuable in the bottom of our bag ie camera & stuff & just trust it will remain where we leave it.

I've been to many beaches & public pools & never have had a problem. I do put all my money & we put our driver's license & stuff in the 8813396S.jpg

Have a wonderful trip & don't forget to post pictures!

Snickering? Heck no, I'm excited for you since you've never been to a beach!!!!

don't forget your waterproof sunscreen and reapply frequently. The sun reflecting off the water and sand can really burn you. That is not how you want to spend your vacation. Pack some aloe just in case.

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE!

you can also purchase a dry pack. They come in all sizes to hold eveything from your id to your camera. They even come in backpack size. here's the website:

http://www.drypakcase.com/

you can find them on amazon or ebay. I just bought a little one for the first time. Since I'm an avid swimmer and water sports gal I don't like the idea of something around my neck....no offense to those of you who use the other product, just my preference.

Archived