resort scuba

cruisefan11111

We are five (50ish parents, 21 yo and 19 yo daughters and 18 yo son) who did a beginners dive on previous cruise 4 years ago. Loved it so much we want to do it again in Roatan in June. I need suggestions for the best place to book it. How about scuba and snorkle combo? We are only in Roatan 8 am - 3 pm so it doesn't seem like much time.

Thanks for any help!

You might try Anthony's Key for a resort dive, but why not go ahead and get certified before you go? Not only would you be more confident, but certified divers are treated to better quality dives by the operators.

I have heard of a few people unhappy with AK-- primarily because of crowding, but we have had 2 quality experiences with them. http://www.cruisedivers.blogspot.com

Thanks gmcrow! I wish I had the time and after our first experience the kids and I thought we would get cert. but never got around to it (Dad was cert. years ago). Oldest daughter and son will probably do it at college. Middle one hasn't talked about it but who knows. In the mean time I searched on line for options to AK, I thought they might be "cruisy" and came up with a whole list including Subway Water Sports. I'm going to check them and others out and I will post what I find out.

Crowding brings up another question- how do you find out how many ships will be in port with you?

Did the cruisecal which cost $3 per month but then found porttime.com which has the info for free. Fortunately their info matched!! Also looks like the Glory is by herself except in Cozumel. :) Helps knowing there won't be a bunch of ships in at the same time.

Archived