Pre/Post HAL Hotels in Vancouver

music lady

In the past HAL offered 2 options for Hotels in Vancouver, and expensive options or a less expensive option:) For the expensive option it was either the Fairmont at Canada Place or the Pan Pacfic. You were never guaranteed which one for sure but they are both great. For the less expensive option they did tell you and it was the Airport Fairmont. We have not stayed there so can not answer to what this hotel is like.

I'm haven't looked to see what hotels are offered by HAL, but if the choice was up to me, I would recommend the Pan Pacific with no hesitation. 5 star, on the pier, bellmen will take your bags aboard, good deals on the web, of course right there when you disembark, liquor stores, resturants and all the fun things, if not within waling distance, cabs are alway at the ready. Not cheap, but as I said, good deals available on the web.

When I asked a couple of months ago, they named the Fairmont Waterfront, another Fairmont in the same area and they may have also mentioned Pan Pacific. Those were the "downtown" hotels. For "airport hotel" it was just Fairmont Airport.

Also, they won't say which hotel, so you don't know until you receive docs.

We will be doing a one night post cruise stay in September. A couple of weeks ago our TA gave me an updated iten. that listed all the hotels we will be staying in during the land portion tour as well as in Vancouver. In Vancouver we are scheduled to stay in the Fairmont Waterfront. I checked it out on their website. It looks really nice.

I called HAL, and believe it or not, they wouldn't tell me which hotel I am booked for on the pre-cruse package. The agent told me since I didn't book directly through HAL, I had to call my TA. I did and she was told it would be the Pan Pacific. That is fine with us. The last time we were in Vancouver on a land tour, we stayed at the Fairmont Waterfront in a harbour view room. What a view!

We would certainly be happy with either hotel.

Mary

Archived