Question about TA?

hatchetjack5

By TA do you mean a travel agent working for Carnival, or do you mean a travel Agent by a travel agency for instance local travel agency??

It is better price wise to just call carnival and/or book through thier website, or are you better going through a local travel agency??

T/A is an independent travel agent and PVP is a personal vacation planner that works for the cruise line. We use a T/A but a Carnival PVP called app. a month ago and indicated that they might could offer a better rate or provide some comps. so we'll see when we book our next cruise.

We booked our first 2 cruises thru a local TA. When we started looking for our currently booked cruise, our TA was out of town. I called a PVP that sent us emails occasionally. He was very helpful. When time came to book our cruise I called the TA and the PVP to see who had the better deal. The PVP did a better deal by about $200. So, that's who we booked with.

We booked our first 2 cruises thru a local TA. When we started looking for our currently booked cruise, our TA was out of town. I called a PVP that sent us emails occasionally. He was very helpful. When time came to book our cruise I called the TA and the PVP to see who had the better deal. The PVP did a better deal by about $200. So, that's who we booked with.

Did you let your travel agent, who you used twice before, know that Carnival gave you a price that was $200 lower than their price? They are not supposed to offer a lower price than any TA has access to. If you told your TA what the price was, they could have called Carnival to find out how they priced it and received the same price.

By TA do you mean a travel agent working for Carnival, or do you mean a travel Agent by a travel agency for instance local travel agency??

It is better price wise to just call carnival and/or book through thier website, or are you better going through a local travel agency??

T/A will always mean a independant travel agency. PVP is Personal Vacation Planner, when someone mentions PVP they are talking about Carnival.

Fred

Did you let your travel agent, who you used twice before, know that Carnival gave you a price that was $200 lower than their price? They are not supposed to offer a lower price than any TA has access to. If you told your TA what the price was, they could have called Carnival to find out how they priced it and received the same price.

I agree Joe. I don't know how a TA can have a higher price than Carnival. The TA probably wasn't aplying a past guest discount, or the current sail price, etc.

Peery5,

I think that PVP was blowing smoke. Even if a TA doesn't discount their price should be exactly what CCL is charging. If he was going to kick in extra perks, they'd have to come out of his pocket and only getting about $50 a booking don't see how he could afford that.

Bill

Our last several cruises we use a TA. We have saved lot$ from the TA vs

a PVP. Plus the TA will get you OBC/gifts which the PVP will not do. I have

found the TA to be a better deal in all the times I have checked.

When I have had simple issues it seems my TA cared more that my PVP in

the past. It all depends on the TA and PVP you have.

T/A is an independent travel agent and PVP is a personal vacation planner that works for the cruise line. We use a T/A but a Carnival PVP called app. a month ago and indicated that they might could offer a better rate or provide some comps. so we'll see when we book our next cruise.

I don't like to use the "L" word but what the PVP told you fits it do a "T". They love to put out this bologna.

A travel agent has access to the same perks, if any, and fares that the PVP does. There are NO exceptions to this.

In contrast, a travel agent may discount those fares and the PVP absolutely cannot. The travel agent may have access to group fares and perks. The PVP absolutely does not.

Go ahead and find a knowledgeable travel agent and give it a test.

I don't like to use the "L" word but what the PVP told you fits it do a "T". They love to put out this bologna.

A travel agent has access to the same perks, if any, and fares that the PVP does. There are NO exceptions to this.

In contrast, a travel agent may discount those fares and the PVP absolutely cannot. The travel agent may have access to group fares and perks. The PVP absolutely does not.

Go ahead and find a knowledgeable travel agent and give it a test.

Well put and accurate!!!!

Archived