Porta Cot

MINIMAD

We are cruising later this year on the Diamond Princess with our grandchildren aged from just 2 to 12 years. My daughter wants to know as the little one "may not" be in a bed can you hire cots or can you bring your own. The one we have folds up into a carrier bag and is very light.

As we have always up to now had a balcony room I am not sure how much room there will be in an inside cabin. There will be Mum & Dad, 12 year old and the 2 year old.

If the worse comes to the worse, she should be able to sleep in a bed.

We are so excited about our trip as we will have 4 generations- my 86 y Dad is coming as well.:)

You can request a crib from Princess. I've had 2 experiences with cribs on Princess - the first was a Pack'N'Play (the fold up type) and the 2nd was an actual wooden crib (but smaller in size than a normal crib and on wheels).

The Pack n' Play was too small in size for our 2 year old - so she slept in the pull out sofa in our mini suite. We used lots of pillows around her - but she was fine.

The small crib worked out fine for our 14 month old at the time on our July 07 cruise.

Have a safe trip.

Archived