Cruising Hawaii!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by papillons4u:

I hear ya! My last 7 day cruise on Royal Caribbean I gained 10 lbs!!! Can you imagine??? It is not coming off either! I must have to learn to cruise better! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have managed to gain little or no weight the last couple of cruises. I eat a very reasonable breakfast, similar to what I would eat at home. After all, they are not really serving anything at breakfast that I can't eat at home, so why pig out. On port days I usually skip lunch and just grab a slice of pizza when we get back to the ship. On sea days I limit my portions at lunch and I don't eat any desserts unless it's something I really like. I don't eat 10 desserts anymore simply because they are there. I also take the stairs whenever possible and use the gym as much as possible.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=03>

<param name="day" value=19>

<param name="hour" value=17>

</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

ugyvel - Do all flights from Hawaii begin in the afternoon? How long a flight is it from Hawaii to Atlanta? We booked our flights with RCCL. We paid a deviation fee and are flying to Vancouver a day prior and then staying in Honolulu two eatra days. We didn't request any return flights from Honolulu as we didn't know the schedules. Any chance that RCCL will have to put us up over night along the way home?

Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Papillons4u,

Alaska was wonderfull - so much so that we've done it twice and want to do it again, but then I'm one of those strange people who really likes the cold - I love sweaters, coats, boots, scarves and everything that goes along with it being chilly . . . I even love wearing nylons!! I know - I know, my friends think I'm bats.

Vancouver in the middle of the summer can get hot and muggy and I find I can't wait for fall - so that's when its nice to go on an Alaska cruise. But, Alaska in the summer isn't really that cold - it's just crisp, and the scenery is truly fantastic. I hope you try it one day - I can guarantee you will love it.

Serious Cruisers,

Wow - it sounds like you're going to have a great vacation. Two weeks in Hawaii before your 11 night cruise - and getting there First Class?! Sounds like heaven. We're only staying in Hawaii two days before the cruise. My husband and I have both been to Hawaii before but not for a long, long time, so we're really looking forward to it. Six weeks away. It sounds like forever - but I know it will be here before we know it. Hope we all have a great time!

Brandy

icon_mad.gifI am having a very hard time finding a cruise FROM hawaii... back... is it the month that I picked? We want to sail in either feb. or march. Am I doing something wrong? How did you all go about finding the cruise for you?

Joyce

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;2;29;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I know there is a 10 night RCCL - Legend of the Seas Honolulu to Ensenada on 3/17/05 because we are looking at that. We have sailed Hawaii to Ensenada once. Loved it. Vision of the Seas.

My California perspective on which way to go Hawaii to Ensenada or Ensenada to Hawaii:

Hawaii to Ensenada

PROS:

- The long flight (5 1/2 hours for us) is easier to do at the beginning of a vacation - get it over with.

- Begin busy with all of the islands and then relax for the last 4 days crossing.

- Short flight home at the end

CONS:

- lose an hour several days of the crossing due to time changes on the way to the west coast

- usually cools down from the warm Hawaii temps the closer you get to the west coast - ruins the "heat glow" of Hawaii

Ensenada to Hawaii:

PROS:

- quick flight/short travel day to get to ship

- gain an hour several days of the crossing to Hawaii

- begin with a relaxing mode before hitting Hawaii

- gradually increase temps as you approach Hawaii to get into the "heat glow"

CONS:

- long flight and travel to return from Hawaii kind of ruins the relaxation achieved on the cruise.

- no at sea days at the end to unwind and relax from the all of the island hopping

Hope that helps

12 RCCL and 1 Celebrity Cruises so far

Archived