Coral Princess dining question

LAC2

We have traditional "first seating" in the dining room. I don't recall what time that represents. Do they inform you at check-in what table you have been assigned?

Most of the posts I've read address the Horizon Court on the Caribbean Princess and the lunch crowd situation on embarkation day. Does anyone have any advice for lunch on the Coral Princess on this day?

Hope these aren't silly questions.

Thanks in advance.

Linda

Your cruise card you get when you check in will tell you what dinning room, which seating 1st or 2nd, and your table number. I believe that first seating is at 6:00pm. I didn't have a problem with crowds at lunch so I really can't answer that question. I would say that there will always be a "crowd" at breakfast and lunch in the buffet areas. However, they move very fast and is really not that much of a delay.

[quote name='LAC2']Most of the posts I've read address the Horizon Court on the Caribbean Princess and the lunch crowd situation on embarkation day. Does anyone have any advice for lunch on the Coral Princess on this day?

Linda[/QUOTE]
Hi - We (DH and 2 sons) were on the Coral in April and ate in the Dining Room on the embarkation day. We also did this on an 2002 Grand cruise. I must say it was the MOST relaxing way to begin the cruise after flying in from NY. The menu was limited but the food was outstanding. On the Grand, we wandered into the HC during embarkation and literally ran out (I do not do well in crowds). We were newbies and by luck happened into the dining room. The way I figure it, you've got lots of other opportunities to visit the buffet during your cruise.

I hot the HC on embarkation day in May during our Alaska cruise. It was busy enough but nothing that made me go bonkers or anything. I don't recall any serious lines or anything. I do think we had to do a little bit of a hunt for a table,b ut nothing that sticks in my mind as being horrific.

Thanks for the replies.

The dining room sounds great to me. I have read though that on some ships the dining room was closed on embarkation day for lunch. I'm hoping we can wait and do the Horizon Court later in our cruise.

Thanks again.:)

Archived