Pacific Sun dining options

kazda

HI

Just back from Pacific Dawn cruise and now looking at Pacific Sun cruise.

We loved the buffet dining at Cafe De Sol on the Dawn and only ate at the seated dining restaurant once on formal night.

For us, the salads and carvery available at the Cafe de Sol was a bonus along with the other meals which were a replica of what was served in the sit down restaurant that night.

Our teenage boys also loved the Cafe as it was casual and they could choose what they wanted to eat and take heaps of that food if that's all they wanted.

My questions is: Does the Pacific Sun also have a similiar buffet dining setup available also OR it it just seated dining in the restaurants with 1st or 2nd sitting options.

This will be the one thing that determines if we cruise on the PSun or the PDawn again.

Sorry but there is no buffet dining on the sun only set dining in either bourdeaux or burgandy dining room. IMO the dawn beats sun by far.I wouldnt book on the sun again but would go anyday on the dawn... The next post will be by someone who will say the sun is fantastic we had the best time ever......... but u go and make up ur own mind have a great time

thanks icemaiden for your reply.

Since there's no buffet dining on PSun, we'll look at rebooking on the Dawn as that type of dining really suits our family;.

Good also to read your opinion on both ships seeing that youv'e been on both. thanks again.

Sorry but there is no buffet dining on the sun only set dining in either bourdeaux or burgandy dining room. IMO the dawn beats sun by far.I wouldnt book on the sun again but would go anyday on the dawn... The next post will be by someone who will say the sun is fantastic we had the best time ever......... but u go and make up ur own mind have a great time

The Pacific Sun is fantastic! We had the best time ever! (sorry Icemaiden, couldn't resist!):) Pink Poodle

I loved the Sun too Pink Poodle!!!! I would book it a million more times!!! :D :D

Sorry Icemaiden but i couldnt help myself either :p .

Mind you i have only done 1 cruise and it was on the Sun, I have never been on the dawn. I do like the Sun because i live in Brisbane and i dont have to travel away from home to get on the ship. So really i cant give any opinion on which ship is better because i have not exprienced both.

Cheers,

Kirsten

Having just come back from a cruise on the Dawn all I can say is

Bring back the Fairstar :D

In all honesty out of the current ships available to us poor sods in Oz from P & O I would prefer the Sun. The Dawn is very nice but I believe is getting too big to have that Freindly feel of yesteryear.

My choice in order would be

Fairstar

Pacific Sky

Pacific Sun

Pacific Dawn

Ah damn that is the opposite of the order we have got the ships!

One of the main dislikes of mine with the Dawn was the buffet, but I can only comment on breakfast and lunch as I wouldn't put my family through it for Dinner.To me the buffet was set up back to front. You chose your salads or other accompniomements first and then at the end of the queue you got to find out what was on the menu. My curry with a salad as accompaniment was interesting, but I wouldn't say nice. and by the time you found a table where 4 people could sit together it was cold anyway. Give me the dining room !

One of the main dislikes of mine with the Dawn was the buffet, but I can only comment on breakfast and lunch as I wouldn't put my family through it for Dinner.To me the buffet was set up back to front. You chose your salads or other accompniomements first and then at the end of the queue you got to find out what was on the menu. My curry with a salad as accompaniment was interesting, but I wouldn't say nice. and by the time you found a table where 4 people could sit together it was cold anyway. Give me the dining room !

That to show that everybody has different likes / dislikes. As I mentioned earlier -we loved the buffet and we are not normally 'sizzler' style people.

Others we met up with also preferred the dining room over the buffet so we would meet them after dinner.

We would fill 1/2 plate with salads and then head to the carvery section, stopping off for breadrolls along the way, then straight onto a large round table for 6, although we dined at around 7pm.

We were dissapointed in the dining room we ate in only once, as we were served all 4 courses within 45 minutes even though we asked for the time between the meals to be slowed a bit. We all walked out of the dining room with indigestion.

With both the buffet option and the dining room, I'm sure P&O kept the majority of passengers happy.

My biggest beef (excuse the pun) with the dinning room was that you could only book a table before 6pm or after 8pm (early sitting or late sitting, oops wrong ship). The quicker service with meals was fine for us ( 2 kids in tow) as it was fairly late for them at 8pm, but I don't think we were ever out in under an hour.7 o'clock at the buffet must have been the right time because when we went for breakfast or lunch there never seemed to be enough tables, we even had to have one breakfast outside in the rain :mad: on one occassion (and all the outside tables were filled), so I guess it is just the timing you have to get right.

That to show that everybody has different likes / dislikes.

With both the buffet option and the dining room, I'm sure P&O kept the majority of passengers happy.

Very true kazda. We did our Dawn cruise with another family and in 14 nights we only ate together on the first night & the two formal nights. The reason being, they preffered the buffet and we preffered the dining room.

I agree that having both will keep everybody happy (well.......I guess even then there'll be some that are not happy:rolleyes: )

Very true kazda. We did our Dawn cruise with another family and in 14 nights we only ate together on the first night & the two formal nights. The reason being, they preffered the buffet and we preffered the dining room.

I agree that having both will keep everybody happy (well.......I guess even then there'll be some that are not happy:rolleyes: )

True True karen and then there are those who are never happy :eek: oops my bad again

We really enjoyed both ships. Maybe if the Pacific Sun had a buffet set up for dinner as well as the dining rooms, it would keep everyone happy. :)

I am struggling a bit today. This time last year we were on board the Pacific Sun ready to sail out of Sydney on the way to Wala. The weather was perfect...... And here I am stuck at work. Waaaaaa!!!

crying_baby.gif

Archived