Getting Formal Wear Pressed

I leave on Majesty of the Seas on June 9th. I think instead of pressing my formal dress and my husband's Tuxedo shirt before I pack, I will just have it done on the ship. We leave on Monday, and formal night is Tuesday. Will I have time to get those pressed before dinner that Tuesday Night? What is the turn around time usually? Do many of you do this?

When mine needs it, I get it touched up. One time, my tuxedo even needed pressing. Sent it out as soon as we unpacked and had it back the next day. Not a problem.

Regular Service returned to you by 5pm the next day. You should be fine even if you have early seating and the laundry gets to you at the last minute.

They do have Same Day service (50% more $$) but it requires that the laundry be picked up before 9am that day. Just thought I'd add that just FYI.

I really like the "press only" service offered by the cruise line...not only is it reasonably priced (50% less than the laundry price) they have always done a fantastic job.

On the first afternoon tell your room steward you will need this done for the first formal night. Leave the items on the bed with a filled out order form which is in your cabin behind the door. As others have stated make sure you check press only so you will be charged 50% rate. My long gowns have cost $4.00!

Archived