Spirit - April 19th - Review

plcruiser

Thanks for your review. I sailed the Spirit 2 years ago in Alaska and am sailing again in 6 weeks. I agree about Cagney's. I didn't care for it either. Your review made me even more excited than before about our upcomming cruise.

I was really surprised how disappointed I was with Cagney's. On the Dawn we had such a great experience at Cagneys; it was our favorite restuarant on the Dawn.

We had originally planned to dine at Cagney's at least two to three times on the Spirit but were so disappointed the first time we decided not to go back. It was amazing the difference between the Dawn and the Spirit; even though the menu was the same; the quality of the products were not the same.

I agree there is alot of appeal on the Spirit , but it needs to be tweeked to make it beautiful ( in my eyes). The carpeting, the bedding, new plastic glass on the balcony, new TV's, refrig in the room, lounge chairs, and all around fixing. I can show you so much rusting, that you would not believe. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed my trip, but it is time for drydock. I hope my comments do not insult or scare people away from the Spirit , because everyone has different levels of likes and dislikes- we are all different.

I would have never felt that way if I hadn't been on a 16 year old ship that I recently sailed on that looked brand new.

I look forward to seeing what the Spirit looks like after November.

That is the way of all ships, which will soon see a drydock. They look much better afterwards.

Thanks for the review! I just got off Spirit yesterday and really loved it! I'd sail her again in a heart beat. It was DH's first cruise and he thought it was in need of updating...but he did enjoy it. We ate in Cagney's twice, Shogun for Sushi twice and La Trattoria once. We loved EVERY specialty meal...I was surprised I loved Trattoria as much as we did. I don't think I've EVER tasted fresh mozzarella so good!!!!!

I will be doing a full review in the next couple of days. ;)

Thanks for the review! I just got off Spirit yesterday and really loved it! I'd sail her again in a heart beat. It was DH's first cruise and he thought it was in need of updating...but he did enjoy it. We ate in Cagney's twice, Shogun for Sushi twice and La Trattoria once. We loved EVERY specialty meal...I was surprised I loved Trattoria as much as we did. I don't think I've EVER tasted fresh mozzarella so good!!!!!

I will be doing a full review in the next couple of days. ;)

You can't beat the price for the amount of Sushi you get. My daughter loves Sushi and she was in her glory being able to order as much Sushi as she wanted.

Archived