Explorer Cabin 1388

Great cabin, we have both 1388 and 1688, its mirror, on the AOS in 2 weeks. We have stayed in 1688 on the Mariner. It is the same size as a Junior Suite, just without the tub in the bathroom and no walk-in closet. The balcony is huge with both sun and shade and holds 3 loungers and 3 chairs plus table with room to spare! You'll love this cabin!

I have never seen a room with the poles in the middle of it. Interesting....That website for Voyager class ships that was posted is amazing! Thanks!

I have been teasing, (well sort of, she better do it!), my wife about coming up with a routine for that pole! :D It really didn't bother us on the Mariner, my mom and the 3 kids were in the room then and we took a nearby inside. This upcoming cruise we have the cabin all to ourselves and are really looking forward to it. (BTW, the couch pulls out into a double bed, we had 2 kids in it.)

We had 1388 on Mariner, and it's everything people said it was going to be! We loved it and will be trying to grab its Freedom equivalent as soon as fall 2010 opens up.

Benefits:

Larger, wider cabin at D1 price

Larger balcony w/ both sun and shade; we had two loungers and two regular chairs as well as a small table -- and we had plenty of space to walk around them!

Quiet corner location; we never heard people walking by

Convenient to Windjammer, so easy to run upstairs for a drink

Negatives:

The pole blocks the view of the TV for the person sleeping on the right side of the bed

When the sun shines straight-onto the balcony, that metal corner is like an oven and the balcony is un-usable for a time; however, this is probably true of all balconies at some point in the day

Archived