What to do in case of "emergency"

JazzCatDRP

I'm using the term "emergency" a bit loosely here. I've purchased travel insurance to take care of fears about a delayed flight, lost baggage, etc. What I'm wondering is what I actually do should my flight be delayed that it appears I will miss the ship. Is there a number I can reach Carnival at to explain the situation, or do I just contact my insurer to make sure I get to the next port. What about lost baggage? If my baggage ends up lost, how do I try to ensure the airline has my bags waiting at the first port? Maybe I'm worrying over nothing here, but I realized that should something like this happen, I'd have no earthly idea what to do!

I'm using the term "emergency" a bit loosely here. I've purchased travel insurance to take care of fears about a delayed flight, lost baggage, etc. What I'm wondering is what I actually do should my flight be delayed that it appears I will miss the ship. Is there a number I can reach Carnival at to explain the situation, or do I just contact my insurer to make sure I get to the next port. What about lost baggage? If my baggage ends up lost, how do I try to ensure the airline has my bags waiting at the first port? Maybe I'm worrying over nothing here, but I realized that should something like this happen, I'd have no earthly idea what to do!

Yep... Carnival has a phone number for just such situations...

877-885-4856

I always write up a small card for my wallet with the number Host Mach has above, the emergency number for my credit card companies, the travel insurance company, number for the airline, & number for the hotel. We each keep one with us in case one wallet is lost or stolen but that way we have all the important numbers if something happens. It came in handy on the last cruise when our flights were delayed a day and we had to cancel our hotel.:(

I am completely paranoid about lost luggage. :o :p In addition to the cruise line tag that I put on before the flight, I make copies of the ship itinerary with dates for each port and put one inside the bag and another in the outside zipper pouch.

But don't worry about this stuff too much - take a few precations and then relax and have a great cruise!

Go the day before & they will solve that problem. I really can't understand people flying out that day with only a few hours to spare ? Now if you simply can't get away from work that is one thing, but that is not most people's problem. Go the day before and spend the night close to the cruise terminal. Get up early and proceed to the Cruise Terminal & be one of the first on the ship.

Go the day before & they will solve that problem. I really can't understand people flying out that day with only a few hours to spare ? Now if you simply can't get away from work that is one thing, but that is not most people's problem. Go the day before and spend the night close to the cruise terminal. Get up early and proceed to the Cruise Terminal & be one of the first on the ship.

\

While this is true..it's not always the case...we have been "snowed in" and all airlines cancelled for two or more days...while it doesn't happen often, it happens...thankfully this past February it happened the week AFTER our cruise,....but ya never know..;)

Also not the case here - we booked to fly the day before but due to three days of rain on the east coast we had awful weather delays and couldn't leave until the morning of the cruise. At one point the airline was telling me that they could not get me to Ft. Lauderdale until 4 or 5 pm the next day - too late to make the ship!!! I was glad I had that Carnival #, the travel insurance #, and the hotel # - even though they charged me anyway for cancelling. Luckily the airline finally found us seats on a 6am flight the next morning and we made the cruise.:D

Archived