Princess or Norweign???

tiff247

We are looking to try a new cuise line. We have sailed Carnival and Disney. The kids will be 10 and 6 for the next cruise. We are debating between Crown Princess or Norweign Pearl. Sail date is November 9, 2008. I am worried there will not be many kids on board. Do these ships have good kid programs. I hate to have bored unhappy kids for 7 days.

TIffany

Have sailed on both Princess & Norwegian. However, when we went NCL we went w/out our son, so I only know about the kids club on Princess. Our son LOVED it. He had a great time and met many kids and one great friend he still keeps in touch with. The Pearl is also beautiful ship! It has a cool water slide too. Either one you won't go wrong.

We've been on NCL and Princess and the Princess kids program is superior in my opinion. The staff is well trained, enthusiastic and caring. The activities are well structured, fun and age appropriate. My daughter is 8 and she has been on three Princess cruises now and likes their kids program best of all, even more than our Disney cruises.

Hi Tiffany,

I have done alot of research on both cruise lines and we selected Princess for our cruise on the Crown leaving October 19th. Our two kids are also the same age and the Princess kids club looks great and has some great programs. My kids are so excited.

I am also concerned that there will not be many kids their age on board ... i feel that the more kids the more fun they will have and the more friends they will make. I heard that you can call Princess ask them how many kids are on board. I will probably do this closer to our departure date.

Happy Planning.

Hi Tiffany,

I have done alot of research on both cruise lines and we selected Princess for our cruise on the Crown leaving October 19th. Our two kids are also the same age and the Princess kids club looks great and has some great programs. My kids are so excited.

I am also concerned that there will not be many kids their age on board ... i feel that the more kids the more fun they will have and the more friends they will make. I heard that you can call Princess ask them how many kids are on board. I will probably do this closer to our departure date.

Happy Planning.

I actually did this before our cruise last year (which was our first one). My kids were a bit less enthused than I had hoped, but I called Princess and gave them my booking number and they were able to tell me how many children would be in their age group. That really made them ready to go! I was concerned because it was Alaska and I had heard that Alaska tends to have a bit of an older crowd, so I was just as curious about how many kids were going to be on the cruise as they were.

When were choosing between the cruise lines for our first cruise we looked at the flexibility of the schedules and NCL Freestyle was our choice. We did not want to be fixed to a set meal time, set meal location, or set clothing choice. Depending on the port we arrived back at the ship at various hours, between 4 & 8 PM, and could always get a meal.

With Freestyle 2.0 the sea days are going to be improved with expanded Kid's Club hours, from 9 AM to 10:30 PM. There will be no cost for those hours and no set times you will need to pickup your children for meals. Need to find out if NCL will allow us to send room service to Kid's Club. :rolleyes:

Princess also offers a choice between Traditional Dining and Anytime Dining on all of their ships. We have always chosen Anytime Dining when we cruise on Princess as we prefer to have the flexibility to eat when we want and not be limited by a traditional dining schedule. It works very well. Generally there are a couple of Anytime Dining rooms to choose from and we always get seated promptly and can always get a table just for our family of four if we prefer.

Archived