Excursion help

rddudley

Hi!

My DH and I will be on the Pearl on May 18th and need help with Excursions.

Our itin:

Seattle - 5/18

Juneau- 5/20 (2pm-10pm)

Skagway- 5/21 (7am-9pm)

Ketchikan- 5/23 (6am-1:30pm)

Victoria - 5/24 (6pm-12am)

Skagway- We are booked on the White Pass Railway as this is one of the excursions we are most excited about. We are considering doing the bike ride down, since we will get a good view of the sights on the way up...has anyone done this? I did consider doing the Train and Hike, but it seems you don't get much of a train ride with this option.

We really want to get some hiking in (with a guide), nothing to ambitious, just a moderate hike...I really want to see some bears. I'm thinking doing the Mendenhall Glacier hike in Juneau might be good, but would appreciate any advice.

Also, my DH is interested in fishing, but would like me to join him and since its not really my thing and the cost is high for two of us. . Any suggestions for inexpensive fishing tours or perhaps a good place to get fresh fish packed and shipped home.

Also, any restaurant suggestions for fresh salmon and/or Halibut dinner? We were considering doing a Salmon bake...

Appreciate any advice, suggestions.

Thanks so much!

Archived