Stabilizer on Norwegian Spirit

On a couple of members comments regarding the Norwegian Spirit, I have read that one of the stabilizer was broken. Are you aware of that situation? :cool:

Quelques commentaires de membres indiquaient récemment que l'un des stabilisateur du Norwegian Spirit était brisé. Que savez-vous de cette situation? ;)

On a couple of members comments regarding the Norwegian Spirit, I have read that one of the stabilizer was broken. Are you aware of that situation? :cool:

Quelques commentaires de membres indiquaient récemment que l'un des stabilisateur du Norwegian Spirit était brisé. Que savez-vous de cette situation? ;)

The NCL Spirit is just fine. I just got off of the 4/19 cruise and we made it into every port early. This is an old problem from last December.

Well, we just got off 4/19/08 sailing as well, and even though we didn't know that the stabilizer was broken until after the cruise, we felt like something was wrong with the ship. The weather was good, and the sea was calm, but at least 2 days the ship was rocking a lot. There was a strong breeze during the 2 days, but I don't beleive that the ship would rock like that. Maybe it has to do also with the size of the ship.:confused:

There have been posts on the Royal Caribbean site that they are not using the stabilizers as a way to save on the fuel consumption. One of the posters was told by the engineer that they save 10% by not using them. If this is true, probably NCL is doing the same

I have heard the same thing about them not using the stabilizers to conserve fuel. Maybe they should put bonine on our pillows at night with the mints to conserve our bellies. lol :p

Archived