New Freestyle 2.0

I've seen postings where people seemed to know when certain ships were being done, but I couldn't find the information on the net.

We're going on the Jewel in May - does anyone know if that will be done by then?

I've seen postings where people seemed to know when certain ships were being done, but I couldn't find the information on the net.

We're going on the Jewel in May - does anyone know if that will be done by then?

Jewel was wonderful without 2.0:)

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Jewel on 4/20. At that time, they had only "upgraded" the food service. This meant an increase for the alternate restaurants and they started charging for the Italian one. Don't waste your money. The main dining rooms and the buffet was just as good. You can get prime rib and lobster some time during the week, but not every night.

We got the cookies on the last night, but the upgrades to the cabins hadn't been done yet.

Regardless, you'll have a great time!

Anybody knows if the enhancements are done on the Spirit. I have read that all the ships are supposed to receive the new innovations by June 15 2008. I took that information from the NCL website. Thank you :confused:

I was on it 5/3-5/11 and there was no sign of 2.0, but still had great service and good food.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Spirit and I didn't see many signs of 2.0. We still had the old beds, no champagne, no fruit basket, no enhanced room service, the usual bad soap and shampoo in the shower, and no bathrobes in the balcony cabin. We did get the priority reservations for specialty restaurants, but only after I told them I had a balcony. There were new pillows, and the lattitudes lounge was available and stocked with cookies. I can't really say if the dining menus were different, but the food was very good everywhere we ate. Surf & Turf was available in Le Bistro and Cagneys every day and we had Lobster night one evening in Windows. Lobster ravioli was on the menu there a few days later.

Just got back from Spirit and I didn't see many signs of 2.0. We still had the old beds, no champagne, no fruit basket, no enhanced room service, the usual bad soap and shampoo in the shower, and no bathrobes in the balcony cabin. We did get the priority reservations for specialty restaurants, but only after I told them I had a balcony. There were new pillows, and the lattitudes lounge was available and stocked with cookies. I can't really say if the dining menus were different, but the food was very good everywhere we ate. Surf & Turf was available in Le Bistro and Cagneys every day and we had Lobster night one evening in Windows. Lobster ravioli was on the menu there a few days later.

Thank you for your answer.

I understand there was not many signs of 2.0 BUT, did they announce when every 2.0 benefits will be in place?

I never even heard the term 2.0 mentioned, so no they didn't let us know when it was coming. I missed the meet & greet and they may have talked about it there.

If you go directly on the NCL website, they do lilst all the components of the Freestyle 2.0.

I meant that the term 2.0 was never mentioned on the ship in any announcements or publications. The crew was not advertising that 2.0 was coming, or highlight any changes as being part of 2.0. I guess since it wasn't completely in place, they didn't want us to feel like we missed out on anything!

I guess since it wasn't completely in place, they didn't want us to feel like we missed out on anything!

Good point. I know I'd feel crummy if they said "and since you booked for this sailing instead of a later one, here's a list of things you're not gonna get that they will" :eek:

A couple of weeks ago, I have spoken to a NCL representative who told me that all ship would get Freestyle amenities 2.0 by June 15.

Because time flies, we are almost there and it seems that some ships (like the Spirit) did not get the 2.0 yet.

Hopefully it will be done by June 22, but if not, I am sure I will have a wonderfull cruise anyway. I will only be a little desapointed that some items of the 2.0 will not be in place. I will focus on the other aspect, that's it.

Archived