Port Canaveral: Taxi

Is it possible to get a taxi (on our wow) when the ship arrives at Port Canaveral or do we have to get transportation throught NCL to go to Cocoa Beach?

There are plenty of taxis and shuttles waiting by the pier when you get off the ship.

You should check out the Ports of Call boards and there may also be some tips and suggestions on the East Coast Departure boards since it's also a departure port as well as an itinerary port. You can get to both from the main page, just scroll down.

Ports of Call will give you suggestions on different ways to do things on your own.

You can also join your Roll Call. Again, go to the main page, scroll down to Roll Calls then find your ship and sailing date.

Welcome to the boards.:)

Know that the cabs at Port Canaveral set their own prices...you might find different pricing from each car (we found this out a few years ago). From my understanding, the NCL shuttle is a better deal.

J'aime Carrefour Mall situe' a Laval!

Coka

You can easily take a taxi but it may cost you more than you want to pay. We sailed on the Gem in March and once in port, I wanted to do a bit of shopping so I paid $10 round trip once I left the ship and boarded a shuttle bus that took me to Cocoa beach. I did a bit of shopping and the beach was right there. Later I got the shuttle bus back.

However if you have several people then perhaps a taxi bus is the answer. If it's only a few of you, you might think of the shuttle.

You can easily take a taxi but it may cost you more than you want to pay. We sailed on the Gem in March and once in port, I wanted to do a bit of shopping so I paid $10 round trip once I left the ship and boarded a shuttle bus that took me to Cocoa beach. I did a bit of shopping and the beach was right there. Later I got the shuttle bus back.

Great information, thank you:)

Approximately how long (time wise) is the trip from port to Coco Beach. We are going in July and wanted to hit Coco Beach. Just wondering the best way to go since we are a large party of about 18 people.

Also, does Coco Beach have a pool? Someone told me that. NOt to sure.

I'd say it's about 15 minutes at most but I was chit chatting while we were on the shuttle so I'm hoping I'm estimating the time is right.

I saw a group of about 15 or so people jump out of shuttle van when I was waiting for my shuttle back from Cocoa Beach to the ship. The reason this caught my eye was I first saw the van open it's side door and then I saw people start getting out....they kept getting out....and kept getting out.

I then counted about 15 people (perhaps a few more) get out of that van and was amazed. I heard the one of the gentleman tell a person waiting next to me that it cost them about $45 total to get there. Apparently the van allowed them to all cram into the van. I must say most of the people were in their early 20's (flexible and able to scoot tight together) so they could get away with doing this kind of thing. Not safe but they definately saved some money.

Just thought I'd throw that your way.

Archived