Med dining times - I'm getting worried....

Anyobody on the RCI Splendour around the eastern Med with details about the dining times? We are on late seating but I've read that there are actually 2 times within late - 8.30 and 9.30pm. 8.30 is OK, that's what we were told, but 9.30 is just too late. RCI UK tell me they have just one time scheduled - 9.00pm. Can anyone give me correct info please????:confused:

On our docs for our May 10th sailing, it says 9:00 PM for our late seating.

It is a bit later than we wanted, but we don't want to rush when we get back from excursions, so I think it will be fine for us.

My travel agent didn't believe me when I told her I had read the med

voyages had such late dinning times so I asked her to call and confrim.

She called me back and said that they confirmed that with the late dinning it could be as late as 9:30pm. That just too late for us so I

switched it to early which is 7:00pm. We are on VOS for June 14th

sailing.

Excuse me for barging into your conversation but that meal seating situation is one of the main reasons I choose to cruise on NCL.

Freestyle dining means eat anywhere at any time.

Just my $0.02.

Jim

Hi...

We were on the Splendour last year about this time and chose the 9PM dining time for one reason....sunsets!

I have found from previous cruises that it's really nice to enjoy the sunset at the end of the day. They're different everywhere in the world...if you're into sunsets. Trying to get to an early seating always created a rush.

There were four of us and we generally had a small snack after our daily tours, had time to relax before dinner and found that we did eat lighter at 9PM but that wasn't so bad.

The last two cruises I've been on have had open seating and I have to say that I prefer this greater flexibility.

Whatever you do...enjoy!

murphysmum;)

I'm on the VOS 6/14 and opted for the early seating. The RCCL folks say the early is 6:15 and late seating is 8:30.

I was a bit worried about returning from our excursions, but they insist there is plenty of time to have early dining.

Should I be worried?

Hi

I just returned today from the med. cruise on navigator of the seas out of Barcelona and I can tell you our meal times. There were 2 meal times, main & Late. We were main which on our sail card said 6:45 pm and the daily compass said you could enter the dining room from 6:45 -7:15 pm and then the doors would close for this seating. We usually were finished in the dining room about 8:00-8:15 pm. The late sitting was 9:00-9:30 pm entry. So there was only 2 times for the 3 dining rooms, just allowing a window of time for you to show up and be seated. A lot of people did show up at 7:15 pm but from our ship the main seating was not full as Europeans eat later and selected the late seating. So if you have late seating the earliest you can enter on the Navigator is 9:00 PM!

I'm on the VOS 6/14 and opted for the early seating. The RCCL folks say the early is 6:15 and late seating is 8:30.

I was a bit worried about returning from our excursions, but they insist there is plenty of time to have early dining.

Should I be worried?

We are on the same trip, they told our travel agent 7:00 pm for early

and 9:00- 9:30 for late. 8:30 would have worked for us but the 9:00-

9:30 was just too late so we switched to early seating. Now we have to

rush after shore excusions and won't have much time for our pre-dinner

drink but I think it will work better for us with all the day trips we have

planned that start in morning.

We are on the same trip, they told our travel agent 7:00 pm for early

and 9:00- 9:30 for late. 8:30 would have worked for us but the 9:00-

9:30 was just too late so we switched to early seating. Now we have to

rush after shore excusions and won't have much time for our pre-dinner

drink but I think it will work better for us with all the day trips we have

planned that start in morning.

I feel the same. I'm usually a late person but we'll be leaving the ship at 7a. We've picked 3 out of the 5 excursions so far and they're all day long. I'll just have a cocktail while getting dressed! Are you doing all your excursions through RCCL or from other tour guides? I haven't booked them yet, we're still deciding.

we chose early seating when we found out it could range from 630 to 715 and we also booked private dining in the specialty restaurant one night that we thought 730-8 or so would work better for us. we were really happy with the results, since none of my family like eating really late-dinner at 10pm does not make for great digestion for us-by eating early we had the evening to enjoy after dinner. we had long days onshore, but were able to shower and get to dinner on time and then truly relax at dinner, enjoy the meal, then go off for the night. on the second formal night, we told our waiter prior to the night that chances were we would not get there in time dressed properly so would go to the buffet--he said absolutely not! so we went and the guys wore nice shirts instead of the whole suit thing-and were not among the minority that night. having three sons and a hubby, we've rented tuxes on some ships and that makes life SO much easier for formal night-worth it for us in terms of less luggage etc

Excuse me for barging into your conversation but that meal seating situation is one of the main reasons I choose to cruise on NCL.

Freestyle dining means eat anywhere at any time.

Just my $0.02.

Jim

I would think that would be ok with a couple or family, but several families or a group would be difficult. I haven't tried it yet, but always look forward to seeing the same folks at dinner. I guess thats why each his own thing.

Archived