RCI Stock

To be more specific, you must own 100 shares for each stateroom's OBC. My wife and I together own 200 shares so when we book our two connecting staterooms (each booked separately in one of our names), each stateroom gets the shareholder benefit.

To be more specific, you must own 100 shares for each stateroom's OBC. My wife and I together own 200 shares so when we book our two connecting staterooms (each booked separately in one of our names), each stateroom gets the shareholder benefit.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/10/103045/ShareholderBenefitLetter.pdf

Isn't it actually per person rather than per stateroom?

obc for stockholder is per stateroom, but they then enter it as per person, like how the C&A discounts are entered per person even if only 1 person has the status.

I would think that each separate account could get stockholder's credit for one stateroom.

Can anyone give me tips on the best way to purchase the stock. It will be the first time I have attempted anything like this. Any tips will help and I do plan on doing research before buying. I have been watching the price daily. This is strickly a "fun" thing I want to do and not in it to make a "million" if you know what I mean. I just love cruising and plan to do a lot more of it with retirement in the near future. :D Thanks for any tips.

Can anyone give me tips on the best way to purchase the stock. It will be the first time I have attempted anything like this. Any tips will help and I do plan on doing research before buying. I have been watching the price daily. This is strickly a "fun" thing I want to do and not in it to make a "million" if you know what I mean. I just love cruising and plan to do a lot more of it with retirement in the near future. :D Thanks for any tips.

If you don't already have a brokerage account, open one up. There are lots of great choices where you can trade it online easily for less than $10.00. Research minimum a/c mntc fees though. Most of these discount firms you can open your account online in a few minutes (ie schwab, ameritrade, fidelity, etrade)

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/irol/10/103045/ShareholderBenefitLetter.pdf

Isn't it actually per person rather than per stateroom?

I believe if my wife and I are booked in the same stateroom, they will not give double the shareholder benefit. This makes logical sense because if they did it per person (and not per stateroom), then I could go buy another 100 shares in the name of each of my kids and get 4x the shareholder OBCs--potentially in one stateroom! Anyhow, I'm not sure because we have always booked two staterooms anyhow...

I believe if my wife and I are booked in the same stateroom, they will not give double the shareholder benefit. This makes logical sense because if they did it per person (and not per stateroom), then I could go buy another 100 shares in the name of each of my kids and get 4x the shareholder OBCs--potentially in one stateroom! Anyhow, I'm not sure because we have always booked two staterooms anyhow...

I was actually thinking that if you had 100 shares in your name and your wife had 100 shares in her name then you could have one stateroom with 2 SeaPass accounts. You would each be individual shareholders with your own OBC for your own SeaPass.

I wasn't refering to you owning 200 shares and doubling the OBC. I realize you need to own at least 100 shares to take advantage of the OBC benefit.

Just a thought...:confused:

I was actually thinking that if you had 100 shares in your name and your wife had 100 shares in her name then you could have one stateroom with 2 SeaPass accounts. You would each be individual shareholders with your own OBC for your own SeaPass.

I wasn't refering to you owning 200 shares and doubling the OBC. I realize you need to own at least 100 shares to take advantage of the OBC benefit.

I have always wondered if this would work. My husband and I jointly hold 200 shares. So your saying if we book 2 cabins and we are each listed in a cabin, then each cabin gets the 100 OBC. Correct?

I have always wondered if this would work. My husband and I jointly hold 200 shares. So your saying if we book 2 cabins and we are each listed in a cabin, then each cabin gets the 100 OBC. Correct?
Yes, what you describe is EXACTLY what my wife and I have done on our last five cruises. :)

And it's not just $100 (that's for 6-8 day cruises), it can be up to $250 per stateroom depending on the length of the cruise. For example we just got $200 per stateroom for our most recent 9 and 10-day cruises!

Archived