Plug adapter...

BeverlyS

Plug adapter and converter..... do you really need one? It's on my packing list and I don't have one, so I don't want to have to buy one if it's not needed. I do have an extension cord with multiple plugs, but will it fit in a regular outlet?

No need for any plug adaptors if you are cruising typical "American-

cruised" lines. Now if you were cruising a German or Italian line in Europe, I'd double check.

The bathroom plug is generally only for shavers tho. But check on your specific cruiseline board for that. I might be over generalizing.

The cruises I've been on have only had one "American" plug on the desk. I always take an outlet strip (surge protector) so that I can charge my camera battery and laptop, and have an electric alarm clock (it's a long story as to why). If you don't require more than one outlet at a time, no use carrying something you won't use.

Planning on booking with NCL on the Spirit.

I've read some things about this ship not having "American" outlets or wiring in the rooms.

Has any sailed on the Spirit who can clarify this for me? Will we need to bring adapters? Is the different voltage going to be a problem?

I read these comments on another thread and had made note of them, maybe it will help some of you.

OR NOTE THIS EXCELLENT ITEM Came across this on the web and seems to be a great solution to the one outlet in the cabin problem. Belkin Mini Surge Protector. This new design features three AC outlets and two powered USB outlets* - perfect for MP3 players and mobile phones. belkin.com Part # BZ103050-TVL

$24.99 I went to ebay and did not find it in a quick search. Did find it at a PC-Mall site for around $12 but it does not appear to be in stock there. Very handy and compact as well. Also the USB charger could be very handy for ipods, etc. According to the site, it is "coming soon". I figure with this thing I'll be able to leave half a dozen charger bricks at home along with a ton of cables. Plus it looks to be smaller and lighter then a regular power strip. The way the airlines are these days, ever ounce of weight and cubic inch of space you can save is golden. Only problem I see with this gadget it that to 3 outlets seem close together The plugs I have on my camera charger, etc. very wide. It may only fit 2 things.

Once size doesn't fit all, but a lot of modern gadgets charge from their USB connection, that's what makes this so great, no need to bring those bulky chargers along, just plug in directly. DELL has them in stock: Manufacturer Part# : BZ103050-TVL | Dell Part# : A1544812 Can also be found at onsale.com for $12.99 + shipping and handling (FedEx next day is $9.99)

Planning on booking with NCL on the Spirit.

I've read some things about this ship not having "American" outlets or wiring in the rooms.

Has any sailed on the Spirit who can clarify this for me? Will we need to bring adapters? Is the different voltage going to be a problem?

NCL ships are wired for American 110 voltage.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=FAQ#electric

Archived