Just off Enchantment of the Seas

My family and I are just off Enchanment of the Seas. Our sail date was 4/24/08 and our ports were Key West and Cozumel. Our Cabin numbers were 3560 and 3561. We attended main dining table #128, and my kids attended the kids club.

Everything was more than I ever expected. I am truly hooked, now. The ship is the perfect size for 1st time cruisers and families. When people told me that the clean the ship constantly, they really meant it. They service was unbelievable!!! The employees work their "you know what" off!

Key West....so much shopping, and places to eat. Anything you decide to do you will have fun.

Cozumel...we went to Paradise Beach. It worked out perfect for us, since we wanted a full day at the beach. Plenty of taxis to take you anywhere you want to go. A lot of people rented scooters, and segways.

The cabins were perfect size. I didn't feel clostrophobic at all. There were mirrors every where, and shelves, storage, and plenty of hangers. The retractable clothes line worked out great for the bathing suits. Wish I would have packed a alarm clock. Beware of time changes! I couldn't keep up with the time, especially after a few drinks. I would be more than happy staying in these rooms again. Having cabins close to the middle of the ship made it easy getting around.

Attire...I was really surprised how people dressed in the dinning room. If you are wondering. I would suggest for causal night something you would wear to an morning wedding...sun dress and for formal night, something you would wear to an evening wedding. I wore a two piece calf length dress on formal night, and I was fine. Some people had gowns.

Food... I was very pleased. The selection was unlimited!

Pictures on formal night were done after the main dining which we chose not to do since my children 4 and 6 year old were a mess after dinner.

Kids club...my younger two mostly went at night. The day at sea they went all three sessions, and loved it. The performed on stage one night...really cute.

My 16 year old, did well on his own. He hung out at the disco for teenagers and met friends. He ate well, and enjoyed the freedom of coming and going. If anything he checked in with me more than I expected.

If you have any questions....shoot! We had an unbelievable time. There is so much to do, and if you choose, you don't have to do a thing.

My family and I are just off Enchanment of the Seas. Our sail date was 4/24/08 and our ports were Key West and Cozumel. Our Cabin numbers were 3560 and 3561. We attended main dining table #128, and my kids attended the kids club.

Everything was more than I ever expected. I am truly hooked, now. The ship is the perfect size for 1st time cruisers and families. When people told me that the clean the ship constantly, they really meant it. They service was unbelievable!!! The employees work their "you know what" off!

Key West....so much shopping, and places to eat. Anything you decide to do you will have fun.

Cozumel...we went to Paradise Beach. It worked out perfect for us, since we wanted a full day at the beach. Plenty of taxis to take you anywhere you want to go. A lot of people rented scooters, and segways.

The cabins were perfect size. I didn't feel clostrophobic at all. There were mirrors every where, and shelves, storage, and plenty of hangers. The retractable clothes line worked out great for the bathing suits. Wish I would have packed a alarm clock. Beware of time changes! I couldn't keep up with the time, especially after a few drinks. I would be more than happy staying in these rooms again. Having cabins close to the middle of the ship made it easy getting around.

Attire...I was really surprised how people dressed in the dinning room. If you are wondering. I would suggest for causal night something you would wear to an morning wedding...sun dress and for formal night, something you would wear to an evening wedding. I wore a two piece calf length dress on formal night, and I was fine. Some people had gowns.

Food... I was very pleased. The selection was unlimited!

Pictures on formal night were done after the main dining which we chose not to do since my children 4 and 6 year old were a mess after dinner.

Kids club...my younger two mostly went at night. The day at sea they went all three sessions, and loved it. The performed on stage one night...really cute.

My 16 year old, did well on his own. He hung out at the disco for teenagers and met friends. He ate well, and enjoyed the freedom of coming and going. If anything he checked in with me more than I expected.

If you have any questions....shoot! We had an unbelievable time. There is so much to do, and if you choose, you don't have to do a thing.

:D Great to hear you had a great time !!:D I will be on the same cruise with my eight year old in August and would like to hear a little more detail about the Kids Club if possible.. Glad to hear that you felt you had enough room with the inside cabin as a friend of mine is also going on the same cruise as I and was worried a bit about space. Congrats on a great cruise and thanks for any info you may be able to give.:)

Glad to hear you had a great time. We are sailing on Enchantment on the 9-Aug. My mom, cousin and I. I'm leaving the boys (DS, DH) behind for this one. This will be the first time I have vacationed without my DS since he was born in 1988. Should be interesting. Glad to hear they keep up the ship so well. We were on Majesty a few years back and I was also impressed how well RCCL keeps up it's older ships. I was worried after sailing Voyager and Radiance that Majesty would be a let down. It was anything but. I'm hopefully Enchantment will be just as enchanting! Thanks again. I'm really excited.

Sophia and family . . .

Welcome to Royal Carribean cruises. We are so very happy to have you and your family aboard and it is great to hear that you loved Enchantment and her staff and crew! Please take some time to book your next RCCL cruise. You've just had a great time, but plan some research on RCCL.com and plan your next cruise. Also, if you have not yet joined the C&A Society (RCCL's kinda frequent flyer very excellent deal), do it before your next cruise! Many benefits await you.

Great to sea you all!

Rick and Deirdra

:D Great to hear you had a great time !!:D I will be on the same cruise with my eight year old in August and would like to hear a little more detail about the Kids Club if possible.. Glad to hear that you felt you had enough room with the inside cabin as a friend of mine is also going on the same cruise as I and was worried a bit about space. Congrats on a great cruise and thanks for any info you may be able to give.:)

The day you board at the entrance of the ship, there will be a staff member with information. He/she will put a braclet on your child/children. The staff member will also have a schedule of the age group for the evening. There is a orientation to the program, but if you are attending the main dining at 6pm, you will probably miss it...not to worry it is not mandatory. We did not go until after dinner about 7:30 or 8, and waited in line to fill out a consent form. You can send your child any day, any session...it is all up to you. The age group she will be in is 6-8year olds.

The kids club has three sessions each day...9-12 noon...2 pm-5pm...7pm-10 pm. If your child loves it and wants to stay past 10pm it is $5.00/hr until 1pm. Each evening the have themed activities, and perform shows on stage. My mom and I accidently walk into the theater to buy bingo cards, and discovered my kids on stage. Thank god I didn't miss it!!!! There are so many things to do. The day at sea, I took advantage of the kids club all three sessions since my kids loved it.

Best of luck, and if for any reason you don't take advantage of the kids club, the pools are great too.

Thanks for the review. We are on Enchantment in June. I am happy to hear the kids had a good time. Mine are 6 and 14. We are so excited. Did your kids and/or you do the trampolines and rock wall? We are really looking forward to them.

Leaving in 30 days and can't stand it anymore! :D This is my 8 year old daughter's first cruise and I am glad to hear the children enjoy the kids club. She is looking forward to it. I have been trying to get any little information/tips that I can get and thank goodness I have because I would not have known somethings about the Enchantment. I have been on the Mariner and it seems there are alot of little differences (no "real" alarm clock, having to use a magnetic card to open the safe - how were we supposed to know that?, etc.)

Other questions: Is Ben and Jerry's an extra charge or do they have those "no charge" soft-serve stations around the ship ? Also, in the Adventure Ocean section is there a restroom within that area or do kids have to leave to go to the restroom? Is there an area with AO for them to get drinks or do they have to leave the area? (Yes, I am feeling nervous about leaving her!!!;) Thank you to everyone that posts and helps us newer cruisers to be informed! Any further tidbits you have to offer is greatly appreciated!

[quote=christineann;14481004]Thanks for posting your review.............31 days til the Enchantment for us!

Voyager 2003 (Western)

Navigator 2006 (Eastern)

Hey christineann.......we are fellow "Charlestonians" and will be on

May 31st also! Hope ya'll have a great time!

Thank you for your review, as we will be leaving on Enchantment 5-12!:D

I just have a couple of questions on the beaches(first timer here)

Paradise Beach, is that close to the Port? By taxi I assume? And a small fee for use of their water items?

What about "free" beaches in Coz? Are there any close to Port that we could taxi too? :confused: Or is this not an option? Just inquiring!:rolleyes:

Thanks!

The day you board at the entrance of the ship, there will be a staff member with information. He/she will put a braclet on your child/children. The staff member will also have a schedule of the age group for the evening. There is a orientation to the program, but if you are attending the main dining at 6pm, you will probably miss it...not to worry it is not mandatory. We did not go until after dinner about 7:30 or 8, and waited in line to fill out a consent form. You can send your child any day, any session...it is all up to you. The age group she will be in is 6-8year olds.

The kids club has three sessions each day...9-12 noon...2 pm-5pm...7pm-10 pm. If your child loves it and wants to stay past 10pm it is $5.00/hr until 1pm. Each evening the have themed activities, and perform shows on stage. My mom and I accidently walk into the theater to buy bingo cards, and discovered my kids on stage. Thank god I didn't miss it!!!! There are so many things to do. The day at sea, I took advantage of the kids club all three sessions since my kids loved it.

Best of luck, and if for any reason you don't take advantage of the kids club, the pools are great too.

Thanks for the quick response.:D One other question as another poster had asked, Are their restroom and drinks right their at AO or do the kids have to leave the area to use them ? Thanks once more for the quick response and Have a great night.:)

Hi

Pleased to hear you had a great time. Will be on the Enchantment 15th September. It was good to know you had plenty of room. we are taking my 7 year old grandson. We are hoping he will enjoy the kids clubs he is a bit of a live wire and we wondered how secure he will be.

I may sound a little over anxious but it is difficult when you have you are responsible for someone else's treasure.

Scotfi:eek:

Hi

Pleased to hear you had a great time. Will be on the Enchantment 15th September. It was good to know you had plenty of room. we are taking my 7 year old grandson. We are hoping he will enjoy the kids clubs he is a bit of a live wire and we wondered how secure he will be.

I may sound a little over anxious but it is difficult when you have you are responsible for someone else's treasure.

Scotfi:eek:

Archived