Cruise Recomendation - 13 month old

my $.02

My wife and I have cruise 8 time's, all on RCCL. We had a baby this past January, so will be taking 2008 off from cruising!!!!

HOWEVER, I want to plan something for 2/2009. We would like to cruise out of NYC, NJ, and Baltimore or somewhere within driving distance of NJ.

Although we LOVE RCCL, we are definitely open to other line's as RCCL is limited with my "want's".

So, can anyone suggest a cruise they have been on, with kids that they LOVED!!

The Explorer does 9 day Carribean and 5 day Bermuda sailings.

Actually in February when the OP wants to cruise Explorer alternates 12 night southern Caribbean sailings with the 9 night Eastern Caribbean sailings.

We thought about that. My wife feels that it will be too long for a first cruise with the Baby? Thoughts?

She also, does not "love" the voyager class ship's and would rather go on another (radiance class is her favorite) or try another line.

Me, I am fine with it, but you know how much weight that carries!!!!

We thought about that. My wife feels that it will be too long for a first cruise with the Baby? Thoughts?

She also, does not "love" the voyager class ship's and would rather go on another (radiance class is her favorite) or try another line.

Me, I am fine with it, but you know how much weight that carries!!!!

Yeah but Radiance Class doesn't leave from the North East and looking at your credits, you are about to (or have already) made diamond. :D

Your only choices out of the Northeast during the winter are RCCL and NCL. The next closest departure ports are going to be in Florida.

Your choices of NY/NJ in February 2009

7-night Bahamas on NCL Gem

9-night Eastern Caribbean on RCCL Explorer

10-night Southern Caribbean on NCL Gem

12-night Southern Caribbean on RCCL Explorer

Consider that out of the Northeast during the winter, that at least the 1st and last days of the cruise are cold. Plus even the Bahamas in the winter can be cold (February 2007 the day we were there the forecasted high was for the low 70s, only reached the 60s - the next day the high was in the 40s). If you really want a shorter cruise in the winter, then I would find a way to get down to Florida (I don't know what your definition of driving distance is).

We're thinking of cruising when our little one will be either 14 or 16 months old. Do any of the ships other than Disney let the kids swim or play in the water areas, such as Carnival's Waterworks or RCCL's Adventure Beach kids pool area??? we also have kids who'll be 6 and 9 y.o. when we cruise.

We're thinking of cruising when our little one will be either 14 or 16 months old. Do any of the ships other than Disney let the kids swim or play in the water areas, such as Carnival's Waterworks or RCCL's Adventure Beach kids pool area??? we also have kids who'll be 6 and 9 y.o. when we cruise.

Yep the Freedom class ships with RCCL have the Baby Zone, part of the H20 zone.

If you go to my blog, about halfway down the page, there are pictures...

http://www.cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/

Our 1st trip with DS was when he was 10 months old and we spent 10 days at WDW. We thought the length was great since it allowed us time to do all we wanted at a very leisurely pace - that DS was in charge of! ;) So, don't rule out the longer vacations. We are going on NCL in just over a week. DS is now 18 months. If it weren't for the fact that we had reward credits from our credit card that are only good on NCL, we might have chosen another line. NCL works for us and the freestyle schedule is nice with a little one, but they really are geared toward the 2 & up crowd from what I've read. Most of DS's entertaining will be done by us since they don't really have anything he can participate in.

Yep the Freedom class ships with RCCL have the Baby Zone, part of the H20 zone.

If you go to my blog, about halfway down the page, there are pictures...

http://www.cruisingwithchildren.blogspot.com/

TYVM!

TY!GO PS!!

My older kids really want to go on the Carnival INspiration or Imagination as they saw the Waterworks pictures online but it would be torture I'm sure for my 1 year old to try and keep him out of the play area at Waterworks. The pools I do understand but was unsure about the water play areas on some ships. Looks like I'll check out RCCL!

I will be cruising with my son in Aug and he will be 12 1/2 months old, same as you we only cruised with Royal Caribbean, and we took 2007 off due to having my son in Aug 2007. I have been thinking about cruising ever since he has been born, we just booked our cruise in Jan, and i loved the Freedom class ship we last went on it in 2006 right before i got pregnant, so do think about taking this ship, big yes but so much to do with little ones, i will be more and happy to e-mail you and let you know how are trip goes in August. We booked a blacony cabin & they supply the pack n plays so i will bring lysol and spray it down and bring his own blankets and sheets. They have high chairs so i will bring his high chair cover, and i am bringing his big stroller with us, it is more comfortable and it lays back if he sleeps. I really like this class ship and can not wait to take my son on it, we are flying from RI to FLL, that was also a big thing if we should fly or not and decided to fly he is going on our laps, and even if i was to purchase him a seat i could always buy the harnest belt instead of bringing his car seat, really consider staying with Royal, i know i have always had a wonderful cruise with them, just knowing going on another ship not know what to expect with a 121/2 month old and anonther cruise line its all up to you!!!!! ( i even bought him 2 lil suits for formal and captains night)

Ok, so we found out that good friends of are's (with a 16 month old at the time) will be crsuising in Jan. 2009.

Due to the fact we need to depart on 1/25/2009 from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale it limit's our options. It looks as if we will be chosing the Carnival Valor on an Eastern Itin (Nassau, St. THomas and St. Maarten).

Can anyone give me some info on what to do in these port's with kid's (13 and 16 month)? How is carnival with this age of a child and any other help you can offer?

Archived