when to reserve?

erRN2be

I know this is an individualized question with no set answer (and I also know that if I wait to long there is a chance I won't get what I want), but having said all of that.. we are planning on going with Marvin wet-n-wild on the cave tubing excursion. I was wondering when most people put there deposit down for reservations. We do not sail until April 2005.

I've been reading about people reserving and cruising in the next couple of weeks. I don't want to wait to long, but I would like to wait till January maybe after I've made the final payment for the cruise??!!

I reserved my cave tubing about 4 months ago, but I don't think you need to wait that long. I have been in touch with Marvin about tubing with him and he still has space. I will be there on the 14th. I was going to book but was unable to cancel my other tour. They will charge full price wether I go or not. Marvin has been the best about working with me and I can't say enough about how great he has been. I highly recomend using Wet and Wild. They are good people and want their guests to be satified.

Since you are going in April it may be wise to reserve ealrier cuz of spring breakers. It may be more busy then. Go with Marvin and you will be satified. It will be so much fun.

A word of the wise when booking tours. Be very carful of the terms and conditions when booking tours. They can bite you in the butt as they did with me. I'm not talking about Wet and Wild. This is another company I'm referring to. Enjoy your cruise. I'm sure the break from school will be well needed.

I think you will be okay waiting to book, but just so you know, the money that you put down to hold your reservation doesn't actually get charged to you until you get there. They just ask for the deposit to make sure you are serious about wanting to book with them. When you arrive in Belize, you will sign the slip for the deposit and then settle up with them. That is why if you needed to cancel or you became sick, etc., before your excursion, they are able and will give you back your deposit. Mainly because they don't actually do anything with the information until the day of. I hope that helps because I understand what you are saying about needing that money for payment on the cruise. It's kind of like a hotel reservation, you hold it with your credit card, however you don't actually make the payment until you arrive that day. Does that make sense?

Archived