The Best Vancouver Hotel

I'm looking for the best hotel in Vancouver. The Pan Pacific gets good reviews, but it sounds like it may be a little too busy. How would you compare the Wedgewood, Westin Bayshore and Fairmont? And is there perhaps a really great hotel outside of the downtown area that gets the highest marks?

I'm looking for the best hotel in Vancouver. The Pan Pacific gets good reviews, but it sounds like it may be a little too busy. How would you compare the Wedgewood, Westin Bayshore and Fairmont? And is there perhaps a really great hotel outside of the downtown area that gets the highest marks?

Pan Pacific is terrific as is the Faimont Waterfront which is right across the street. The Wedgewood and the LeSoleil are both wonderfull boutique hotels. The Faimont Hotel Vancouver is a classic old downtown hoteland very worthy of a visit. If you are looking for something just a little out of the core then the Westin Bayshore is the one you are looking for. All of the Vancouver hotels are busy during the summer. You may also want to consider the Four Seasons which is part of Pacific Centre but that puts you back in the core.

• 2 weeks later...

We are traveling to Vancouver for a four day pre-cruise stay this September 2. Since I am using my Marriott points, I am wanting to stay at either the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel or the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbor side. From what I have read, both hotels appear to be nice, as well as comparable.

Would someone be able to advise which of the two might be a better choice?

We are traveling to Vancouver for a four day pre-cruise stay this September 2. Since I am using my Marriott points, I am wanting to stay at either the Marriott Pinnacle Downtown Hotel or the Renaissance Vancouver Hotel Harbor side. From what I have read, both hotels appear to be nice, as well as comparable.

Would someone be able to advise which of the two might be a better choice?

Not only that, they are across the street from one another. I might lean towards to the Renaissance only because it is on the north side of Hastings closest to the water and I would be asking for a north or northwest facing room so that I had a harbour and north shore mountain view.

Although the Renaissance is closer to the water, it is also much much older. I have stayed at both and prefer the newer plusher digs at the Pinnacle. Both are fine, for me it would be determined by the rate you are paying. Note-the Marriot is a frequent win on priceline - often can be had for under $100

Archived