NCL's Mangrove then beach excursion

jnmrlk

Has any-one taken this speedboat tour and then to the beach for a couple of hours at Samana??

I have 3 boys - 14, 12 and 11 - I am worried if I just go to the beach for the day that they will get bored, I read allot of mixed reviews for the beach - "green" water?? "Unsafe" food - can any-one help me with those comments??

Is there stuff to do a Cayo L - or is it more of a lay back and bask in the sun beach??

Has any-one done the speedboat excursion - and if so do you think my boys will enjoy it??

Has any-one taken this speedboat tour and then to the beach for a couple of hours at Samana??

I have 3 boys - 14, 12 and 11 - I am worried if I just go to the beach for the day that they will get bored, I read allot of mixed reviews for the beach - "green" water?? "Unsafe" food - can any-one help me with those comments??

Is there stuff to do a Cayo L - or is it more of a lay back and bask in the sun beach??

Has any-one done the speedboat excursion - and if so do you think my boys will enjoy it??

Cayo L has banana boat roads, kayaking, floats, snorkeling and a sea lion encounter. There are also a lot of plam trees that provide shade in case you are looking for it. THE BEACH IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! ONE OF THE NICEST IN THE CARIBBEAN.

We did the Speedboat excursion on April 8th. They take you on about a 45 minute boat ride across the bay to the national park. Next they ride along the islands showing mildly interesting formations. We then went back a short river to a dock to explore the caves. Next they stopped at another beach which had a small cave.

It was good to do once but not a return trip. If your boys are adventurous, they should have fun.

My opinion is you should do some excursion because the beach won't keep them entertained. Plus there will be 2 or 3 more days they will be at beaches during your cruise.

Archived