Anyone done Cave-tubing.com ATV Tour?

TakeMeAway1001

I think is a fairly new tour with them, we used them in May 07 for the cave tubing and had a ball. My DD wants to try the ATV tour but I haven't heard any reviews on it yet. Has anyone done this tour and if so what did you think?

Thanks~

Our family (including 5 girls ages 7,10,12,14 & 15) did the cave tubing adventure with Major Tom -cave-tubing (dot) net. I remember seeing the ATVs of the other tours about 5 miles before reaching the caves. We also wanted to do the "zipline" with Major Tom (which was right next to the caves) but my oldest daughter was just getting over mono so we did not want to push her. The entire adventure was the highlight of our cruise, even better than the dolphin swim in Cozumel. Major Tom and his team were top notch. His son Minor Tom was our guide. Minor Tom was incredibly knowledable with information on Belize City, the rainforest trail and inside the caves. I had fun with Minor Tom in front of my kids exploring the Rainforest Trail and even ate some termites (which completely grossed my girls out). Minor Tom was also very humorous and always looking out for our safety, especially with our 7 & 10 year old. We did noticed other groups doing cave tubing on the trail and inside the caves but our group had the nicest lights and seemed to get more individual attention, more educational perspective and were having more fun than other gorups. At one point we stopped and explored a part of the cave that other groups floated past. I was very impressed throughout our experience as Minor Tom was constantly commenting on so many things within the rainforest and the awesome use of the caves by the Maya civilization and Belize in general. We also stopped by a local grocery on the way to the caves and bought some local Rum and Pecan Wine and had and awesome chicken, beans and rice lunch (GET IT WITH THE HOT SAUCE) after the caves. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the reply :) We did the cavetubing with Yhony/Cavetubing dot come and had a great time. We tried the cashew wine and sadly we didn't have time for lunch but it was a great trip. DD isn't interested in trying the tubing since our friend Paul was bitten and ended up with a botfly in his forearm. Even though we have told her the chances of that happening to her are slim/none she will not even discuss it, lol.

The ATV part of the cave-tubing dot com site says its new so I was wondering if anyone had been on that. I just got an email back from the owner of the company who said they have two tour times and DD can ride her own ATV which was key for her :) It wouldn't be my first choice since I would much rather hang at the beach but DH said we have to do both fun & beach excursions. I think we are going to give it a shot :) Thanks so much for the tips, I have heard great things about Major Tom

We heard that was nice - it's located on the road off the highway, some miles from the caves. We booked cave tubing and some of our group booked with combo cave tubing and zipline with Major Tom at cave-tubing (dot) net. I imagine the ATVs can be fun, but not with children. Major Tom and the Fun Team are excellent guides - the information they pass on during the entire tour is spectacular. And Minor Tom is a chip off the old block - what a highly trained young man. Belize is a beautiful destination and we will be back.

Archived