Princess Denali Lodge Buildings question

clueless2

As I understand the the Princess Denali Lodge is comprised of multiple buildings. I think I remember reading somewhere that the rooms in some buildings are preferable to those in other buildings. Alas, even with the search tool on this forum and google I can't find it :)

So... does anyone have any comments on which buildings have the "preferred" rooms?

We were there in 2005 and yes, there are various buildings. I'm not sure what would make one better than another though. At McKinley, where there are also multiple buildings, it might be that some are within walking distance of the main lodge and others you really need to take a shuttle bus? :confused:

Check it out on tripadvisor.com; I remember when I looked there were several comments about good locations and bad locations. I had the sense that the better rooms/locations went to cruisetour folks and the remaining rooms to independant travelers.

Check it out on tripadvisor.com; I remember when I looked there were several comments about good locations and bad locations. I had the sense that the better rooms/locations went to cruisetour folks and the remaining rooms to independant travelers.

Just spent a good 30-40 minutes reading about the lodge at tripadvisor. We were there in May 2005 on a cruisetour and I remember now that we were in a new building (must have been 10 or 11?) I think it literally had just opened. We were on the second floor, no elevator. But it had interior hallways. I do remember the switches were wired wrong... something like you had to turn on the fan to get the light to go on in the bathroom. I don't think I even realized that other buildings there were so much older and less comfortable.

I faintly remember hearing that the rooms at the lodges were also assigned based upon the type of cabin you had booked for the cruise. We had a mini-suite in 2005 and will again in August this year. I'm anticipating I'll like the Princess lodges as much this time as last time.

Archived