Horseback riding

robiwan

Please bear with me since this is my first post. I have been reading many of the previous posts and been getting great ideas of what to expect on our cruise. My DW and I will be taking our second cruise. The first was a 3 night cruise about 15-20 years ago. We thought we would try a 7 day on the Glory on December 18 and have saved the money for an inside cabin, proper tips, and a couple of excursions. The major reason for this cruise is a looooong needed vacation and I wanted my DW to see Chichenitza. For this excursion we will use the cruise line and pay the higher fee since it is such a long ride to and from Progresso and I don't want to take a chance on missing the boat when we return. However, my DW loves to ride horses and misses having her own to ride. Since we live at a beautiful beach I thought she might like this opportunity during the cruise.

So my question - Does anyone have recommendations/contacts for horseback rides from Belize or Cozumel? DW is an experienced rider although I am not as proficient but can hold my own under most conditions. Anything to recommend that is interesting other than just a slow walk in well traveled paths?

Thank you,

Archived