Snuba Belize Or Rotan?

Pigeon9876

Please help!! I will be on the Valor March 29,2009 and want to try snuba. Which island would be better to try it on. In Belize it is only through the ship and is is $110 for 3.5 hours and Rotan is $49 for 3 hours cost is not the issue just want to know which would be better. Thanks in advance

Debbie

• 1 year later...

Like the poster above my comment said, SNUBA ROATAN. I have never dived in Belize, and what changed my mind was divers stated that diving in Belize was at best ok, and while diving in Roatan was amazing. Roatan was simply great, but its not Cozumel. In Roatan, visibility was a little cloudy. In Cozumel, there is a current that surrounds the island, so it is like diving in your own aquarium. Don't get me wrong, Roatan was great, saw alot of turtles, fish and a heck of alot of groupers. God are they big, at least 50 pounds.TREMENDOUS. With Snuba you will not be going to 50 ft, more like 20-30 ft. It depends on the length of the air hose. If nothing else doing this you may find out you want to become SCUBA certified. YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME.

Archived