vacation doc

First time cruising and booked thru TA. We are on the Mariner June 15. We've done the online check in and printed a setsail pass (I believe that is what it was called) but what I'm confused about is "will I be getting cruise documents and luggage tags in the mail?"

I keep reading about people waiting on their cruise doc and luggage tags.

According to the information in the Guest Vacation Documents I've elected somehow to receive these documents online. What does that mean? How will I get my luggage tags? I know I don't sail for another 45 days but I don't want anything to go wrong. There are 4 of us sailing and I'm in charge of this so I don't want anything to go wrong since everyone is counting on me.

Am I talking about two different things or what? I'm confused

First time cruising and booked thru TA. We are on the Mariner June 15. We've done the online check in and printed a setsail pass (I believe that is what it was called) but what I'm confused about is "will I be getting cruise documents and luggage tags in the mail?"

I keep reading about people waiting on their cruise doc and luggage tags.

According to the information in the Guest Vacation Documents I've elected somehow to receive these documents online. What does that mean? How will I get my luggage tags? I know I don't sail for another 45 days but I don't want anything to go wrong. There are 4 of us sailing and I'm in charge of this so I don't want anything to go wrong since everyone is counting on me.

Am I talking about two different things or what? I'm confused

There´s two different ways docs are sent. It´s either paper docs via mail or edocs via email. Actually both are the same thing with the exemtpion that the paper docs will include luggage tags while the edocs only provide an example of what luggage tags look like.

ANyway don´t worry if you choose edocs. Actually I would alwaysw choose edocs over the paper docs. I find them much more convenient. As for the luggage tags it´s easy to get them from the porters at the pier. Or you could do your own by printing them from the edoc example and laminate them then.

You'll be just fine. If you elected to receive your documents via e-mail you can just pick up luggage tags at the pier from the porter. They have them there. Some have printed out paper tags and laminated them. Either way will work.

Archived