Here is the Belize pharmacy contact info

p2lockhart

According to the Carnival Elation info on Belize from our last cruise, the Pharmacy Express in the Belize Tourism Village is the place to go. The pharmacist is from Louisiana and used to be a Wal-Mart pharmacist. I went there this 9/26/04 cruise and picked up some dermatology products not covered by insurance that normally sells for $41 for $8. They will also mail you what you need if you contact them. Here is the contact info:

phone: 011 501 22 4242

email: medimeds@btl.net

Here is a link to a map of the Tourism Village and the Pharmacy Express is #18:

http://www.belizetourismvillage.com/map.html

You can do a price comparison with this site:

http://www.myrxforless.com/pharmacy/product-results.asp

Guest Time2gocruzn

Are you required to present them with a writtem RX or a bottle that proves you have been prescribed whatever medication you are wanting to purchase? Or can you just walk up and ask for anything?

I tried to email them and they have not responded yet. I will be there soon enough though.

You don't need a script if memory serves. It was no different then purchasing toothpaste. You ask for it and they sell it to you.

Guest Time2gocruzn

Wow, no questions, huh? So are you questioned about it when you get on the ship? Meaning I have quite a few RX things I would like to stock up on, but I am not going to spend a bunch of $$ on it, and then just have it confiscated when I get on the ship because I don't have a RX. I am guessing people buy there all the time, I just want to be sure. Are these drugs genuine and safe? Cheap? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't think the ship cares. Customs might, if they noticed.

Some of the products are from India or perhaps other countries and some are "generics" of US patent protected medicines. Having said that, they do seem to be genuine as far as content, and the lines can be long when the cruiseships are in town.

I think they are making far too much money legitimately (in Belize) to try to rip people off - it wouldn't be worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an excursion planned for Belize but will be back on the mainland with about 1 1/2 hours to spare before we have to get back to the ship. Will the line at the Pharmacy be too long for me to make my purchase and get back to the ship in time?

Also, I wonder if I were to send an e-mail in advance if they might be able to have my order ready. Has anyone done this by chance?

Many thanks for any tips or info!

I think the lines are the longest in the morning, since the pharmacy is at the top of many people's list. In the afternoon is seemed like there was none. Of course, that was based on a one day sample. Your mileage may vary.

The downside is that I suppose they could be sold out of something, but as much money as they must be making, I would think they would keep a huge inventory. You can always email to see if they ever run out of whatever you are looking for. They do respond but it might take a day or two or three.

I was there 3 weeks ago and there was no line, about 4 people in the store browsing and buying. It was in the morning around 9:30 am. There was only 1 ship in port that morning though. But even in the afternoon it didn't seem too crowded. They were very nice and helpful, spoke english, and it was a very clean shop. Definitely better than Cozumel.

• 4 years later...

The people at the Express Pharmacy are absolutely amazing. They are to be trusted, as they are both healthy and very much into fitness. The are in their late 30's, really great people. So what ever you need also and listen/read the instructions carefully on the dosage and side effects. Ultimately you are responsible for what you are putting in your body. If you have a family doctor go and get a test and see if you are tolerant to the medication and then go to Belize and get the rest of the supply.

I have personally bought from them and many of my friends and fellow cruisers. Everyone is happy. I never ordered through email yet, if any has, please let me know as I am not going to be cruising there soon,

Happy Cruising everyone :),

• 2 weeks later...

you can get your hearts desire in Belize. Tylenol with codeine, lortabs, valium, vicodin, darvocet, all the tranquilizers, antidepressents, antibiotics, blood pressure meds, birth control and sleeping pills.

debkjw

• 7 months later...

Archived