Getting to Miami port from FLL

What is the best way and cost to get to the miami port from Ft Lauderdale airport?

I did some research from local airport shuttle companies and found $58 one way for two people from Super Shuttle. 305-871-2000. My situation is a little different, in that we are going from a Ft Lauderdale hotel to the Miami airport, but the distance is similar, so the cost should be approx the same. A taxi is way too much $$$ for that kind of trip

Good luck

GO shuttle from the airport is $18 per person. You go out of the baggage claim area and they have reps there to help you get a shuttle. We waited maybe 15 minutes tops. They will take you to Miami, port, hotel whatever.

It was a great service and very convenient. I learned about it on the Florida board.

Wow, I've never seen transportation from the Miami port to Ft. Lauderdale airport for only $18. That's a great deal if it is accurate. I will have to check into that. I am pretty sure that the Miami airport to the Miami port would be that inexpensive, but NOT Miami port to FTL airport. Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are not that close to each other.

You may need to do some more research on the one.

Wow, I've never seen transportation from the Miami port to Ft. Lauderdale airport for only $18. That's a great deal if it is accurate. I will have to check into that. I am pretty sure that the Miami airport to the Miami port would be that inexpensive, but NOT Miami port to FTL airport. Miami and Ft. Lauderdale are not that close to each other.

You may need to do some more research on the one.

I do this all the time, right outside of the luggage claim there is a desk there and it is 18$ per person. Miami port to the airport is a fixed rate 26$ for the cab. and a taxi back to fll from the Miami port is 65$.

Let me clarify my earlier response. The GO shuttle $18 pp is for FL to Miami only. You cannot do the reverse. It has to do with licensing or something.

When we returned from our cruise we used the ship transfer which was $20 I believe. We also used the valet service which was very convenient.

Here's another option if you can wrangle your own luggage. Before his cruise in July, one of my co-workers is flying into FLL, taking the train to MIA and a cab to his hotel near the airport.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

Wow, that's the best deal ever, even factoring in a cab or shuttle cost from MIA to Port Everglades.

We have taken the tri-rail for a cruise before. We actually took it from West Palm Beach to Miami, then used the inner city rail, which took us to the people mover that dropped us off right at Bayside and spent the night in a hotel before getting on the ship the next day. We only live 2 hrs from the port but wanted to start our vacation a day early and did not want to pay to park for a week. It is a very inexpensive way to get between MIA and FLL and we considered that option this year as well. However, it is not always the most reliable form of transportation, so beware. Hubby took it last month and ended up being an hour late for work, so plan some extra time into your schedule if you decide on that option. And yes, there is quite a bit of lifting of suitcases, as there are no porters to assist.

This year we are doing a 13 night TA and again do not want to pay to park. So, I am taking advantage of the free parking at a hotel and we will shuttle to the airport.

Good luck with whatever plans you make.

I just researched this myself. We found two services that run shuttles from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Port of Miami.

The first gave us a quote for $12 per person each way. They have a driver waiting for you at the airport on your arrival day (at a pre determined time) and then plan a pick up time at the port for your departure day as well (this quote was for a group of 12). The company is called Quality Limo service (1-888-RIDE-VAN). They claim to beat the competition's price.

The second we found was TF / The Florida Shuttle (1-877-246-4786). Their price varied for number of passenges: round trip fare was $209 for a groups up to 4, $234 for groups up to 7, $277 for groups up to 10, $335 for groups up to 14 - they can acommidate group sizes up to 55 passengers. They also make advance reservations and will pick up at a designated time.

Both companies have information online. We have not yet used either, but found good reviews for both. Hope this helps:) .

Archived