Pants or shorts for a teen in the restaurants?

I am assuming that you are referring to dinner.

We enforced it with our 13 year old son. I have witnessed NCL enforcing the no shorts rule with teenagers on the NCL cruises we have been on.

No shorts at all in any sit down restaurant - that includes main, and a la cart. However, jeans are allowed in the other restaurants now - although I didn't see anyone wearing them - but I'm sure they did. The only exclusion to this is the Main dining room on the Spirit (but that could have changed as well) .

Children are allowed to wear shorts to dinner in any restaurant...but I think a 13 year old would have to follow the adult rules. No shorts in any restaurant for dinner.

Most kids that age are quite flattered to be treated as adults. So, if you present it to him like that his resistance might disolve instantly. That said, there are 13 year old boys who look like children and can get away with it and those who look older and better put some pants on. You know which category your son is in.

Children are allowed to wear shorts to dinner in any restaurant...but I think a 13 year old would have to follow the adult rules. No shorts in any restaurant for dinner.

When you are 13, you pay the daily gratuity charge as an adult on NCL.

Our son would wear the pants to dinner and then change back into shorts if he wanted to. He really did not object to wearing the pants eventhough he would have liked to wear shorts. We explained that it is just like going out at home. There are some places that we go where he needs to wear pants, dress up in a jacket and tie, etc...

Archived