2.0 on the Dream?

I'm hearing rumors that because of the recent sale, the Dream is not going to implement any 2.0 upgrades - no champagne, no menu changes, no theme parties...nothing. While I can understand not implementing major changes (i.e. new bedding), I'm disappointed that they won't even introduce the easy changes. The ship is going to continue under their name for another 6 months. Has anyone heard anything definitively?

There has been quite a few posts under the other topic mistyped as Dram Drydock. However, I just got off the phone with NCLs Customer Service department and Lisa went to check with the manager and according to both of them they have no information indicating that NCL will not be rolling out F2.0 on NCL Dream by June 1st. I asked if they knew when specifically she'd have it and she said she didn't know. June 1st is less than 1 month away so if they were going to do anything I would figure it would be after this drydock so the crew would have time to get acquainted with the changes - if they were to happen.

I just can't believe NCL would not tell Dream cruisers that this ship was not going to receive NONE of the upgrades. If there's some I could understand their not saying which it wouldn't get (such as the action stations, new beds) since it's being sold and what it would get (such as the champagne welcome aboard and the night themed parties). Personally, I don't see why they can't make a little investment in the menus for this ship as the food won't be sold to Louis! It's just the ship! They could take the champagne glasses if they wanted to if it concerned them that much! :eek: Something doesn't seem right here... :cool:

When I was on the Dawn last week a member of the 2.0 transition team spoke to us at our Meet and Greet. He told us that the Dream and the Majesty would only receive upgrades to the menus. None of the bedding or anything like that. He did not mention when it would take place though. He goes to a different ship each week implementing the food part of 2.0.

Hope this helps.

Food upgrade is good... keep the cold soups and ditch the lobster! I'd love the huge steak but NCL Dream doesn't have a steakhouse! :(

I hope they have the theme parties. That doesn't take much to hold. It'd be a more economical option to hang out in the onboard disco than to go ashore. :)

If I still worked in the central office in Boston and not out here in suburbia I would walk over to the ship and ask some of the crew if they knew what was going on with it (of course only certain crew members would know so hopefully they're wearing their name tags)!! Oh well, we'll have to see if this is a rumor or not when the 2 day dinner / dance cruise gets back on Sunday. :cool:

Archived