Whistler, Canada

We are doing a 2 night pre-cruise visit to Whistler and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do there? I love shopping and believe there are a number of stores to wonder in and out of. But is there something else we shouldn't miss? Also, how about restaurants? Anything anyone recommends?

Marilee

We are doing a 2 night pre-cruise visit to Whistler and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do there? I love shopping and believe there are a number of stores to wonder in and out of. But is there something else we shouldn't miss? Also, how about restaurants? Anything anyone recommends?

Marilee

There are many stores you can check out in the Village.

I would suggest you take the gondola ride up, especially if you get a sunny day. The views are amazing. There are also many trails that you can explore. Honestly, if you love the outdoors, there are MANY things to do in Whistler - fishing, hiking, golfing, ziptreking, bungee jumping, rock climbing, canoeing, camping, mountain biking, etc. You definitely will not be bored.

If you're not into that stuff, you can always just people watch, and sightsee.

Click here for the Tourism Whistler website you can check out.

Without really knowing what you are into - except for shopping - it would be hard to give you any specifics regarding activities.

If you have a car, take a short drive up to Green Lake and Rainbow Park.

I suggest stopping by the tourist info centre when you get there to get some more ideas.

As for restaurants, I like Monk's, The Brewhouse, and Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub. But that's just me; the locals may have some better ideas.

I'm not a local, and we really only go to Whistler to spend the weekend hiking the trails and chilling out.

There are many stores you can check out in the Village.

I would suggest you take the gondola ride up, especially if you get a sunny day. The views are amazing. There are also many trails that you can explore. Honestly, if you love the outdoors, there are MANY things to do in Whistler - fishing, hiking, golfing, ziptreking, bungee jumping, rock climbing, canoeing, camping, mountain biking, etc. You definitely will not be bored.

If you're not into that stuff, you can always just people watch, and sightsee.

Click here for the Tourism Whistler website you can check out.

Without really knowing what you are into - except for shopping - it would be hard to give you any specifics regarding activities.

If you have a car, take a short drive up to Green Lake and Rainbow Park.

I suggest stopping by the tourist info centre when you get there to get some more ideas.

As for restaurants, I like Monk's, The Brewhouse, and Dubh Linn Gate Irish Pub. But that's just me; the locals may have some better ideas.

I'm not a local, and we really only go to Whistler to spend the weekend hiking the trails and chilling out.

Thanks so much for the information. We really aren't into the hiking, fishing type of stuff. I was wondering about gondola rides and that sort of thing. I will definitely stop by the information center. Otherwise, wandering around the town will be fine.

Archived