Dressing for dinner

alohaprincess

I have just returned from my first Princess cruise (9th cruise altogether) . I had used this board to ask a question about dressing for dinner and got general agreement that, YES, Princess diners follow the rules and enjoy the experience of dressing appropriately for dinner. I was happy to see that on our cruise this was, indeed, the case. I had read suggestions about buying dresses that could be rolled up in a ball and didn’t take up much space, but I was happy to see (not those wrinkled messes) but people who seemed to enjoy the fun of making an effort to look elegant for a special night. I guess this reflects “lifestyle” and not everyone enjoys that kind of refinement. I don’t agree that sort of attitude only reflects HAL or Crystal - I’ve been on those lines too. If a person chooses a “good value” cruise it shouldn’t mean that you will wear jeans to dinner. But, I am always a “glass half full” person. If you don’t want to make an effort to dress for dinner, then there are options for you on Princess. But don’t suggest that the rest of us should be traveling on another line, as someone did on this board.

Our cruise was really fun ! Hope you all enjoy the same!

Thank you.

Archived