Nachi Cocum RAVE!

lootie2shoes

I'm trying to decide between Paradise Beach and Nachi.

We'll be in Cozumel Wednesday Nov. 26. Our ship is pretty full already as that is Thanksgiving Week and I thought I had read there were several ships in port that day.

It is the crowds that have me worried. Having great beach toys which I know my DD's would love won't mean anything if it too crowded for us to enjoy them.

From the pictures the beach chairs at PB looked pretty close together. Plus my DD's can run up a huge bar bill with virgin frozen drinks.

I was at Nachi Cocum last week. I loved it!!!

Yes....you pay extra for snorkeling, parasailing, etc. But you pay extra for that at Paradise Beach also.

The AI is food and drinks only!! DH had the Beef and Chicken Fajitas....said they were the best he's ever had!!

I've been to Paradise Beach....not impressed at all!!

If you want a party atmosphere with water toys....definately go to Paradise Beach.

If you want a nice, quiet, relaxing day......Nachi Cocum is the place!

It all depends on what you're looking for.

Here's a link to my pictures: http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd189/KenMoRo/Legend%20May%202008/

GREAT PICS !!! We will be at Nachi Cocom May 31st celebrating wifes 45th !!!

I have been to Nachi MANY TIMES and have sent many clients to this location and NEVER have had a negative comment about it from them. It is a gorgeous location and NOT A WILD PARTY ATMOSPHERE at all... just a laid back relaxing place to plant your buns in the sand and chilllllll !

To the poster with all the deragotory comments about Nachi..... perhaps you have it confused with another resort, because your comments seem ridiculous ! The all inclusive food and drinks is all they have ever stated the package includes... perhaps you did not read that part !

I was there Friday May 16, 2008. Like I said 20 people. My negative comments stem from the discription that they convey on their site. The beach was 10 ft wide to maybe 15ft wide all day. The sand is course and the water had rocks and bricks to the left near the line that goes out the the small boat. My buddys wife asked for a towel...$2! The water was do dirty/murkey that even after I swam to end of pier with my snorkle and mask I could not see the bottom. We hired the boat for a snorkle outing (35/pp with or w/o equipment rental) and only after we reached 25ft water could we finally see. I have been sick since swimming there too...bad enough that I did a google search for polluted cozumel beaches! Yes there are signs of disrepair and lacking maintainance of buildings and grounds. Bathrooms are a good example.

Kenmo-

Thanks for the pictures. It looks exactly like what I was looking

for.

I think the Nachi pics start at 87 on that photo bucket. I have pictures, too, in my sig if you're interested. I LOVED Nachi Cocom, but then again we were not looking for a party atmosphere.

I was there Friday May 16, 2008. Like I said 20 people. My negative comments stem from the discription that they convey on their site. The beach was 10 ft wide to maybe 15ft wide all day. The sand is course and the water had rocks and bricks to the left near the line that goes out the the small boat. My buddys wife asked for a towel...$2! The water was do dirty/murkey that even after I swam to end of pier with my snorkle and mask I could not see the bottom. We hired the boat for a snorkle outing (35/pp with or w/o equipment rental) and only after we reached 25ft water could we finally see. I have been sick since swimming there too...bad enough that I did a google search for polluted cozumel beaches! Yes there are signs of disrepair and lacking maintainance of buildings and grounds. Bathrooms are a good example.

All I can say is that you should have done your homeowrk on this... in their confirmation it clearly states to bring your own towels from the ship, it also states that the meals (a 3 course selection) and unlimited domestic and international liquors, beer, sodas and bottled water are included. Many of the beaches were badly eroded after recent hurricanes, so theres your answer to the width of the beaches.....in most cases water near a pier will be more "murky and brown" than out in the open. Also, there is natural vegitation in the waters that is kept in its natural state for ecological reasons. It is obvious that snorkeling equipment/tours are available at additional fees, so that is a mute point... Come on now, you expect to get all food, drinks, snorkel equipment and use of a boat for a snorkel tour for $49.00 ??? Get Real !

Sorry to hear you got sick, but how can you say it was because of "polluted water" you snorkeled in ???

What is considered a palace to us in the US is different to what the locals in COZ may think, therfore, they are never in a hurry to fix things like we tend to be in the US. Their standards tend to be a bit different than what we may think, but overall, they maintain their properties very good by their standards.

Seems you just did not enjoy your excursion there, but some of your basis for this just seem unrealistic or possibly you just had higher expectations than what actually you experienced.

I look forward to my next visit again and to see the warm friendly staff we have always encountered in previous visits there.

This was my 4th trip to Cozumel and I have Scuba and found things floating in the water that looked like raw sewage in the downtown area..also got sick on that excersion. Went to Passion Island and found sea grass so thick it creeped me out so this time I wanted something diffrent but found same polluted water at Nichi too.

Opt for the pool and bring your own food and drink.

To each his or her own... I certainly hope I am not at Nachi when you are ever there, but wait, you can't seem to find any location in COZ that meets your expectations, so I probably won't have to worry !

Perhaps pick an itinerary that goes to Grand Caymen... now there is some great snorkelling :D

As I mentioned in another thread, I was at Nachi the same day Bigred was, and our experience was in total contrast! Keep in mind that it's not a four-star resort...it's a little bit rough around the edges...but it's clean, and the service and food is excellent. We'd go back!

And to the poster who asked about jet skis -- yes, they do rent them there. $60 for 30 minutes, one or two riders. My husband, who has a Harley but had never riden a jet ski, had a blast!

Just back from Nachi Cocom, and it is as lovely as ever. Our group of 14 had a ball. The facilities are clean and well kept, the swim-up bar is a favorite. The food was all excellent and the drinks strong and wonderful. As always, the service was the best for any beach club we have ever visited....anywhere. Some of us went out to snorkel, some of us went out to parasail, some of us stayed around the pool and relaxed and we all had a fantastic day! Thanks for a spectacular day Carlos and all the staff there. We'll see you again next year and can't wait!

Just back from Nachi Cocom, and it is as lovely as ever. Our group of 14 had a ball. The facilities are clean and well kept, the swim-up bar is a favorite. The food was all excellent and the drinks strong and wonderful. As always, the service was the best for any beach club we have ever visited....anywhere. Some of us went out to snorkel, some of us went out to parasail, some of us stayed around the pool and relaxed and we all had a fantastic day! Thanks for a spectacular day Carlos and all the staff there. We'll see you again next year and can't wait!

Where did you book this through?

Thanks for that...you've just convinced me THIS IS THE PLACE FOR US!!

Been thinking about it for a while but now I'm certain so Cheers!:D

Thanks for that...you've just convinced me THIS IS THE PLACE FOR US!!

Been thinking about it for a while but now I'm certain so Cheers!:D

;) I'm sure you will love your day here. Write a review when you get back and tell Carlos the CliniCo staff all wish we could be there!

Please give an honest review and not one to "get along" I still think the water is dirty and unhealthy...maybe I was there on "drainage day". Never again!:mad:

Hey always give a review how you see it, from what i hear the weather system as of late is stirring as the water up on the west coast.

Just returned from a visit at Nachi on 31May......water was NOT appealing, but due to the conditions from Tropical Storm Arthur... the entire coastline/beaches were not very appealing... but the time at Nachi was as usual FANTASTIC !!! Great food.... wonderful beach.....drinks hit the spot and Carlos remembered me and took very good care of my wife, myself and clients..... all in all an HONESTLY GREAT DAY and minimal people there.... will reccommend Nachi to those looking for a peaceful relaxing retreat while in COZ !

Just returned from a visit at Nachi on 31May......water was NOT appealing, but due to the conditions from Tropical Storm Arthur... the entire coastline/beaches were not very appealing... but the time at Nachi was as usual FANTASTIC !!! Great food.... wonderful beach.....drinks hit the spot and Carlos remembered me and took very good care of my wife, myself and clients..... all in all an HONESTLY GREAT DAY and minimal people there.... will reccommend Nachi to those looking for a peaceful relaxing retreat while in COZ !

If the water isn't appealing at Nachi, does that mean that it won't be appealing everywhere...more specifically Passion Island? Does PI have a pool? I'm leaning towards Nachi because if the water isn't ideal, at least there is a pool to lounge around. Any other factors to consider?

If the water isn't appealing at Nachi, does that mean that it won't be appealing everywhere...more specifically Passion Island? Does PI have a pool? I'm leaning towards Nachi because if the water isn't ideal, at least there is a pool to lounge around. Any other factors to consider?

No actually passion island is located on the north west coast of cozumel and is tucked into a cove area, so they are alot more likley to have clear water as it faces the north west vs nachi facing the west. The problem lately is the wind in cozumel has been comming more from the south so it affects beaches to the south more. No passion island does not have a pool.

No actually passion island is located on the north west coast of cozumel and is tucked into a cove area, so they are alot more likley to have clear water as it faces the north west vs nachi facing the west. The problem lately is the wind in cozumel has been comming more from the south so it affects beaches to the south more. No passion island does not have a pool.

Ken...you appear to be really knowledgeable about Cozumel. I need a little help deciding between Nachi & PI. We're looking for relaxing & not packed with people, good food, maybe a hammock or 2, possible massage, beautiful water...and a covered place to go if it starts to rain (not a necessity, but would be nice). What are your thoughts?

Archived