Nachi Cocum RAVE!

lootie2shoes

Ken...you appear to be really knowledgeable about Cozumel. I need a little help deciding between Nachi & PI. We're looking for relaxing & not packed with people, good food, maybe a hammock or 2, possible massage, beautiful water...and a covered place to go if it starts to rain (not a necessity, but would be nice). What are your thoughts?

Thank you, if a pool is not that important I would choose passion, its a much lager area of beach and has everything but a pool. You can expect about the same number of gusts at both places and cost wise for two passion is a better deal (transportation included).

If the water isn't appealing at Nachi, does that mean that it won't be appealing everywhere...more specifically Passion Island? Does PI have a pool? I'm leaning towards Nachi because if the water isn't ideal, at least there is a pool to lounge around. Any other factors to consider?

I like Nachi compared to Passion Island simply because the food was better IMOH, more options for drinks and the pool, jacuzzi, swim up bar... just a relaxing experience and to me more private. Nachi gets my vote compared to Passion Island for certain ! Water conditions were not good as stated in previous post, but the same conditions would have been expected due to the storms passing thru no matter what beach was visited......However, if you went out on a snorkelling tour and went out 100 yards or more, the water was much better......

I will have to disagree with the previous poster, As KenF stated Passion is away from the other and in a cove and would possible had better water/beach. The food at Passion is to die for, The guac was the best that I have ever put into my mouth, Went back 3 or 4 times for a refill.

Most of the time on Passion almost felt we were alone, it was so peachful, The hammocks were just so relaxing, I thought I was going to have to flip my friend out just to get her to wake up :D

And when the workers were around us, they were the most helpful!! Always trying to make sure our day was perfect.

In fact this is where we are planning to go our next trip.

I am sure Nachi is great also but I just wanted to add honest thoughts here.

Please give an honest review and not one to "get along" I still think the water is dirty and unhealthy...maybe I was there on "drainage day". Never again!:mad:

I'm really sorry that you were there on a day where the water conditions were not great. I have to think it would have been like that at any beach in Cozumel that day. But anyways, the ones of us who say it is a beautiful beach are giving an honest review. I truly thought it was a day in paradise but as they say, a picture paints a thousand words. If you'd like to see what our day at Nachi was like go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raoIT0ZpFLg

Hey Blessed,

I'm glad you posted your link. This is exactly what we have experienced during our favorite cruise day at Nachi every year for at least 5 years. I guess there are bound to be "off" days, but I am so glad that I have never had a bad experience at Nachi. The staff are hard working; the facilities, food and service is awesome and I hope anyone with any interest will give it a try so they will be in business for us to enjoy for many years to come.

Hey Blessed,

I'm glad you posted your link. This is exactly what we have experienced during our favorite cruise day at Nachi every year for at least 5 years. I guess there are bound to be "off" days, but I am so glad that I have never had a bad experience at Nachi. The staff are hard working; the facilities, food and service is awesome and I hope anyone with any interest will give it a try so they will be in business for us to enjoy for many years to come.

Personally, we could not have had a better day at a beach. While pictures can never do total justice to the beauty of the place, I believe they should give anyone interested a pretty good idea of what it is like. We were there during spring break and you can see from our pictures that it still wasn't crowded at all.

I'm really sorry that you were there on a day where the water conditions were not great. I have to think it would have been like that at any beach in Cozumel that day. But anyways, the ones of us who say it is a beautiful beach are giving an honest review. I truly thought it was a day in paradise but as they say, a picture paints a thousand words. If you'd like to see what our day at Nachi was like go to:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raoIT0ZpFLg

Thank you for posting this. It reminded me of our wonderful day there last year. This year we're trying Passion Island. But, I'm sure I'll be back to Nachi Cocum again some day.

Thank you for posting this. It reminded me of our wonderful day there last year. This year we're trying Passion Island. But, I'm sure I'll be back to Nachi Cocum again some day.

We are considering Passion Island for next time also. This may sound crazy, but our days at Nachi and also our trip with Edventure in Calica were so perfect, we don't want to try to recreate them. Also feel like we're setting ourselves up for disappointment because we can't imagine having a better time than we did. I would definitely go back to Nachi again - just not on our next cruise.

Cathy, I envy you. We loved Nachi so much and it was paradise to us!

Yes they want to send us to the Wyndham and charge a little more. I keep reading mixed reviews. I really loved Nachi but we may go ahead and try Wyndham.

I would email Carrie and see what she has available at tourcozumel at hotmail dot com

I will second what KenF stated, you can't go wrong with that website and the customer service is the best ever!!!

I heard that on Monday it was an ugly day, but also had friends go to Nachi that day. She said they enjoyed it anyhow..

Tina

That would be me who was there on Monday. It was a rainy, gloomy day. Dh and I stayed under the umbrella, but the kids played in the rain all day at the beach or in the pool.

The food and drinks were great. Our first waiter was the pits, but then he took over bar tending and another guy started taking care of us. He was much better.

It had rained so much that the water was up, making the beach narrow. We also had chair pads that were very moldy. They were NOT like this in Dec., and I believe that a little bleach water and a scrub brush would clean them right up. They just need to take the time to do it. The bathrooms were very clean and well stocked.

Regardless of the weather, we did have a good time and I would go back again.

I would email Carrie and see what she has available at tourcozumel at hotmail dot com

Yes, she certainly took care of us on short notice when I emailed her Tues night about doing an excursion the very next day. (we were rerouted back to Cozumel last week on the Glory). Her customer service is great!

Nachi was a pretty cool place, although like some others mentioned the monday we hit it the first go around it was overcast and drizzly. Me and DW got there fairly early and tried to sit under the palpas but the little bugs were on us so we moved to the jacuzzi. On a nice sunny day this place would probably be heaven but we still loved our time there. The drinks were awesome and the food was amazing. We signed up and did the snorkling from some guy at the resort and it was a huge highlight, got to see some sharks and baracudas. The place is clean and staff was really good, if your looking for a nice quiet place to relax for a day in Mexico then I would recommend this place.

Nachi was a pretty cool place, although like some others mentioned the monday we hit it the first go around it was overcast and drizzly. Me and DW got there fairly early and tried to sit under the palpas but the little bugs were on us so we moved to the jacuzzi. On a nice sunny day this place would probably be heaven but we still loved our time there. The drinks were awesome and the food was amazing. We signed up and did the snorkling from some guy at the resort and it was a huge highlight, got to see some sharks and baracudas. The place is clean and staff was really good, if your looking for a nice quiet place to relax for a day in Mexico then I would recommend this place.

Hey I think I talked to you! I remember you saying that the bugs were getting you so you moved to the jacuzzi. We were there with the two kids, a boy and girl. My daughter was swimming around in the goggles. My son mostly stayed on the beach.

There were some sand fleas/no see-ums at every beach I went to this cruise (we didn't go to the beach in Freeport). There weren't any bugs at Nachi when I was there last Dec so I guess it's hit and miss. We finally gave up too!

Did you have the coconut ice cream? It was yummy!

This might be a dumb ??? but does anyone have pics of the food at nachi? And does anyone know what they have for dessert? It isn't on the menu they show. Do they have reg tacos or burritos or only fajitas? Did anyone wonder down to Mr. Sanchos? I'm guessing that's the resort you can see on some of the pictures. Thanks!!!

This might be a dumb ??? but does anyone have pics of the food at nachi? And does anyone know what they have for dessert? It isn't on the menu they show. Do they have reg tacos or burritos or only fajitas? Did anyone wonder down to Mr. Sanchos? I'm guessing that's the resort you can see on some of the pictures. Thanks!!!

Sorry, no pics of the food but I can answer your dessert question. They have ice cream (vanilla, choc, or coconut...get the coconut, its awesome). The other two choices were cheesecake or Caramel custard (flan). My dd had that and loved it.

I had chicken fried tacos but didnt like them. The fajitas were much better. I don't remember seeing regular tacos on the menu. Mr. Sanchos was easily visible but a bit too much of a walk unless you just really wanted to see the place.

Hope this helps!

Here come some more pix....sorry, I don't know how to make them smaller! I had the chicken fried tacos....not so good. DH had the beef/chicken fajitas. Said they were the best he's ever had! We also had the nachos and DH had the fruit plate. We were too full for dessert!

ChickenBeefFajitas.jpg

Archived