Nachi Cocum RAVE!

lootie2shoes

I was leaning toward Nachi but I don't know if the food looks like something we'd like. I'm not fajitas fan and the fried tacos have not had good reviews (plus I'm not big into deep fried things). We would want reg tacos or burritos- something on that order. PB looks to crowded for us but their menu looks awesome. I'm just at a lose for where to go. I thought it would be such an easy decision but it's terrible!!!! Thanks for your help.

I was leaning toward Nachi but I don't know if the food looks like something we'd like. I'm not fajitas fan and the fried tacos have not had good reviews (plus I'm not big into deep fried things). We would want reg tacos or burritos- something on that order. PB looks to crowded for us but their menu looks awesome. I'm just at a lose for where to go. I thought it would be such an easy decision but it's terrible!!!! Thanks for your help.

The garlic shrimp were EXCELLENT !

i had the chicken fried tacos...but calling them a "taco" is mis-named...they are more of a large taquito. i thought there were excellent. no they didn't have the normal (what we call) mexican food...here's the menu:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

if that doesn't get you right to the menu, go to "bar/restaurants" then go down the page and click on the small graphic of the menu.

they don't use the yellow cheddar or american cheeses, the white cheese they use is very creamy. all the shrimp dishes seems to be excellent.

the nachos were the best...even got the hubby to eat the quac

the food is more a mixture of caribe with a mexican flavor. no tex-mex at nachi.

It's not all fajitas and deep fried stuff at nachi. They have regular tacos and burritos as well as hamburgers and fries. I scored some awesome chicken enchiladas! not too mention how tasty the gucamole is....

I wish I had gotten to have desert but we got stuck out snorkeling till late, that coconut ice cream sounds sooo good right now.

I saw all the other little resorts while I was on the boat for snorkeling, they looked cool. Two of them had like floating icebergs and water trampolines. However those places were jam packed with people.

Thanks all for 'food' reports...Pleased to hear there's Hamburgers & fries...just to please the kids!!

Has anyone ever gone diving from here?

I understand there's a Dive shop next door(Palancar Dive?) ...DH wants to go off & Dive whilst we all chill so just thought i'd ask if anyone's ever done it from Nachi Cocum?

Once i know the answer to that i can finally book & stop researching!!LOL!!

We were at Nachi Cocum last Saturday. It was fantasic! There were maybe 25 people there. We were met by Joesph and taken to the beach. It was fantasic and clean. Water was beautiful!!! Joesph waited on us hand and foot. Drinks, nachos, came back by alot to check on us. The young girl did take our picture at the entrance. She came by to sell it to us, we said no thanks and that was all. The guy came by once to ask if we wanted to snorkle etc. We said no and he left us alone. This beach was so quite and peaceful. We went to the patio area for lunch. Great food! And they have american food too. And let me say that they have the cleanest bathroom you will see anywhere. I made the right decision to go here.

We asked for a cab and it came in 5 minutes. Joesph helped us in the cab and made sure the driver knew where we wanted to go.

If you don't want a loud party beach then Nachi Cocum is a great place to go. It was beautiful and peaceful, just what I wanted.

Just returned from Nachi and let me just say we had the best day ever. Carlos was the best, and took care of us from the moment we arrived. The food was delicious. Between the 4 of us (husband, ds-9, dd-11) we tried the hamburber, ff, nachos, chicken fajitas, grilled shrimp, cheese sticks and cheese cake. When I ordered the cheese sticks, Carlos brought me cheese cake by mistake. They other guys at the bar gave him a hard time and we all got a big laugh out of it. The kids thought it was neat to order a virgin daquari. Husband and kids stayed in the ocean all day with their masks on. They were able to see a few fish. Enough to keep them interested. They didn't ever get bored the entire day. They did go to the swimming pool a few times. The pool was great. The entire place was very clean. They had workers cleaning the entire time. The bathrooms were also very clean. I stayed under a palapa, reading my book and I never was without something to drink. The entire day was very peaceful and no one bothered us once we told them what we wanted to do which was nothing but play in the ocean and relax in the shade. There was maybe 10 people there. I can't say enough about Nachi. They were just the nicest people. No one was rude. If we are ever in Cozumel again, we will return to Nachi!:)

Huh??? beautiful? The water is murkey and dirty in the ocean that is. My advice would be..if you must go..is stay in the pool. Forget snorkling because you must be in 35 ft water before you can see anything.

Never again!

Huh??? beautiful? The water is murkey and dirty in the ocean that is. My advice would be..if you must go..is stay in the pool. Forget snorkling because you must be in 35 ft water before you can see anything.

Never again!

Its such a shame you must have had a bad day there as almost everyone here thinks its great!!(And on other sites too it gets great reviews!)

Still, we'll find out for ourselves as we're booked to go there October!!

Really looking forward to it too!

This was my 4th trip to Cozumel and I have Scuba and found things floating in the water that looked like raw sewage in the downtown area..also got sick on that excersion. Went to Passion Island and found sea grass so thick it creeped me out so this time I wanted something diffrent but found same polluted water at Nichi too.

Opt for the pool and bring your own food and drink.

Please give an honest review and not one to "get along" I still think the water is dirty and unhealthy...maybe I was there on "drainage day". Never again!:mad:

Never again!

I think you have made your views well known.. you did not have a good time at Nachi.. as others have mentioned maybe it was an off day for you.. but I do not think that you stating it over and over again.. is going to make any difference.. :rolleyes:

We went last year and are going again on our upcoming cruise in August. As long as you can accept three things, it's a great day outing.

1 - This is not a five-star resort where you would pay several hundred dollars a day to stay at and expect immaculate conditions. It is a pleasant, well kept by local standards, beach club where they serve better food than most Mexican restaurants in the States I've eaten at, are very attentive and pleasant, and, perhaps most important, don't try to nickel and dime you to death imploring you to buy stuff every five minutes. We were approached one time, when we first entered the club, to describe their water activities and that was it for the day. The staff kept busy trying to keep the place clean, including raking and removing seaweed from the beach the entire time we were there.

2- Like any beach club anywhere in the world, you are at the mercy of the elements. If it rains or storms, or has recently rained or stormed, the conditions won't be as nice as they might be otherwise.

3- This is not a club for people who need to be busy or who have kids who need busy activities. There are few activities, no icebergs or petting zoos, and no nonstop frivolity surrounded by hundreds of party goers. If you want that, there's other places for that.

For those who want a relaxing day at the beach or pool, with a good bit of food, all the drinks you want and a very attentive staff, this is a great place to go. The day we went it was "crowded" with about 25 people during the course of the day. I still count that the best day of the three cruises I've been on to date and am counting down until the next trip.

We were at Nachi on June 10th. The water was crystal clear, which surprised us due to the tropical weather all around. It was sunny almost the entire time, the few times the clouds did come around it was welcome relief.

My DH, DD's (19, 16 and 6) all enjoyed this beach. It was so nice and quiet, the food and drinks were wonderful. My husband and DD 16 went parasailing, and had fun. The rest of the time we snorkled, swam, got in hot tub, tried the hammocks, just had a great time. We tipped our waiter $20 when we got there and he took care of us all day. Well worth the money, even my DH had to admit this was a good find. We have it planned for next may on our next cruise........

Johnnychimpo:

How was the snorkle trip? What was the price?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom it was 45 a person, and it was a major highlight of our trip. I heard that snorkeling wasn't soo great in Coz but we really had a blast. The boat is very old but got us around. The only thing I learned on our second go around is you can snorkel way cheaper downtown and you can probably talk the Nachi guy down as well. We were getting $35 quotes for me and my wife just fom vendor's. Something to consider if you do want to snorkel. The 1 thing I learned in Coz, everything is negotiable

To bigred: Stop trolling, you had a bad time you don't need to make 50 posts on it.

Never again!

Bigred, i was there on June 2 and the water looked the same way. But, i had been there this past Dec when the water was crystal clear, so I knew it wasnt typical.

I'm sorry this place wasn't for you and I hope you have a better day the next time you visit Cozumel.

NACI is the place to be in Cozumel....Its no 5 star resort as the others point out but its a great beach to chill.... Let me just say that CARLOS IS THE MAN...my DOS XX was never empty and the food was out of this world....we liked it so much in may we decided to take another western route just to go to NACI and see Carlos

We were there the last week of May and absolutely loved it! We will probably go back the next time we're in Cozumel. I gotta tell ya, I did not want to get off that massage table...just the sounds of the ocean, that cool breeze and wonderful massage...man!:D

We went to Nachi Cocom last week while on the Legend. The beach club is a little smaller than I thought it would be. The gift shop was closed because of construction. The food was GREAT! Between the 4 of us we had tortilla soup(it had a kick to it), chicken wings, guac., nachos, chicken/steak fajitas and tacos. Everyone enjoyed the food. None of us ordered dessert, we were too full!

Like OP stated Nachi is not a 5 star resort, but the beach is beautiful and the water is crystal clear. During our stay threre a huge storm came thru (that is when we did lunch) lasting 45 minutes or so. After the storm the sun came back out and we went back to our beach chairs. The water was still clear.

One odd thing, there were only 6 people there all day, 4 were in my group!

It is a great place to relax and rest.

I'll post some pictures soon.

Archived