First time user of Princess Transfers question

Rick Niles

I have sailed princess many times but this is the first time using the Princess transfers form LAX to the pier and then again Vancouver to the airport. Usually I have alot of time to find the most econimical way to do it but booking with only 2 weeks to go I am doing it the easy way.

My question is when we get off the plane in LA will there be some one waiting for us? Or do we have to go some where?

Thanks

Rick

This was a few years ago but yes someone was waiting either at the disembarking door or at the baggage area. Probably the baggage area since 911.

Marilyn

Good to know they are at Baggage claim as we are only bringing carry ons and wouldn't have gone there....We are only on a 3 day cruise and we are flyinging in from Vancouver with a stop in portland and if they lost our luggage in Portland(which has happened before) we would have no clothes for the trip......

Rick

Unsolicited, I know ... but if you're only bringing carry on luggage, why not just grab a cab? There are cab stands outside of each terminal at LAX, and rather than waiting for the luggage with others on the transfer and for the bus to load, you could be at the pier before they even leave the airport.

You could also contact any of the shuttle services. They all circle the airport all day long. It'd be cheaper than a cab.

Unsolicited, I know ... but if you're only bringing carry on luggage, why not just grab a cab? There are cab stands outside of each terminal at LAX, and rather than waiting for the luggage with others on the transfer and for the bus to load, you could be at the pier before they even leave the airport.

You could also contact any of the shuttle services. They all circle the airport all day long. It'd be cheaper than a cab.

I have herd nothing but bad things about the circling Vans.....unless you pay extra and get your own van, and by this time the price is about the same....

Plus the main reason is to get the Transfer form the Vancouver port to Airport....

Thanks

Rick

We've had less than stellar experiences on the Princess Transfers, the only reason I mentioned it. One experience in particular was leaving the pier in Vancouver to get to the airport. The wait was horrendous and they had us crammed in this stairwell area, with the buses pouring exhaust into the small space. I'd still grab a cab at both ends, esp. if I only had carry on. Good luck.

If you are going to arrive at the departure port a couple of days early don't expect to find a Princess rep or even a transfer waiting for you. We found that in Fort Lauderdale and Sydney (Australia) seen as how we arrived early we had to get a taxi to get to the Princess arranged hotel.

We are hopeful that this won't be the case next week in Honolulu. They did refund the cost of the transfer in both cases but we wanted to get to the hotel (fairly) easily and not have the transfer refunded.

Archived