Nickelodeon cruise on Freedom of the Seas 8/10-8/17

mcfaddensfarm

I posted this on the Royal Caribbean board, but thought maybe it would be a good idea to post it here on the family board too:

I just got an email from Nickelodeon and thought I would pass this along for any of you who have kids who are big Nickelodeon fans. Nickelodeon is planning a 7 night Western Caribbean cruise on Freedom of the Seas from 8/10 - 8/17. They will have some characters & "stars" on board, game shows (who wants to get slimed?), photo sessions, Nick parade, and character breakfasts.

Info can be found here: http://www.nick.com/minisites/family.../pricing.jhtml

(That page is for pricing, but there are other tabs you can click on that explain the itinerary, entertainment, etc.)

Some of the "talent" on board is supposed to be:

"Sam" & "Freddy" from the show iCarly

Tom Kenny, the voice of Spongebob Squarepants

Nick characters including Dora the Explorer, Spongebob, Patrick, the Backyardigans, & Jimmy Neutron.

Just wanted to pass this along in case anyone was interested...

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, My DD would love this! She is a Dora fanatic right now. It sounds like a really fun cruise. Too bad DH doesnt have enough vacation time for it.

If anyone goes on this let me know how it is. If they offer it next year maybe we will go.

Julie

My DD would love this cruise, my 16 DS probably not, oh well i guess he will have to take one for the team lol, is this being set up for 08 or 09 ? 09 i am assuming and hoping, sounds like it will be alot of fun. Thanks:D

My DD would love this cruise, my 16 DS probably not, oh well i guess he will have to take one for the team lol, is this being set up for 08 or 09 ? 09 i am assuming and hoping, sounds like it will be alot of fun. Thanks:D

Nope, it's 08.

The link is above in the original post. :D

And honestly, it is ALOT cheaper to take this ship when Nick isn't on it. They want $1500 per person for an INSIDE. :eek: That is more than double the normal cost.

Slime and Dora isn't worth that much. ;)

Nope, it's 08.

The link is above in the original post. :D

And honestly, it is ALOT cheaper to take this ship when Nick isn't on it. They want $1500 per person for an INSIDE. :eek: That is more than double the normal cost.

Slime and Dora isn't worth that much. ;)

Living with a few Nickelodeon lovers, we checked in to this cruise. Couldn't believe how much they are selling rooms for!

My husband and I are more likely to rent Dora and Spongebob costumes and entertain our kids on a less expensive ship than pay the prices for this one! hehe (Kidding, of course!)

Living with a few Nickelodeon lovers, we checked in to this cruise. Couldn't believe how much they are selling rooms for!

My husband and I are more likely to rent Dora and Spongebob costumes and entertain our kids on a less expensive ship than pay the prices for this one! hehe (Kidding, of course!)

Yep same here. Not only do I have two Nick lovers, but I have two FREEDOM of the Seas lovers. So it was especially hard for me not to jump on it.

But for that price, we could go to Paramount Parks and see Dora/Blue/Spongebob for two MONTHS...lol ;)

They have been advertising it for a LONG time now. I am beginning to think that the ship isn't selling as fast as they would have liked.

Thanks cruisinmama, we are booked on the Glory for August 08, and yes you are right the cost is a bit steep:D

You are going to have so much fun aboard the Glory. Our family loved it!

Archived