Conquest--difference between sofabed & reg sofa?

We are on Conquest in aft cabin 6485. It does not have a * by it so that means the sofa is not a sofabed. Our question is, when you have a 2-person room without a sofabed, is the sofa a regular one instead of the sofabed type? Since there are only two of us, we don't like the way the sofabed sits for daytime use. Would be cool if it's a regular sofa. Thank you!!!

CaymanCraig@Yahoo.com

Could it possibly mean there is no sofa? Sorry, I haven't been on on Carnival but once, 12 yrs ago (Fascination). Looking forward to Conquest in the Fall. Don't have our cabin assigned yet, interested in this response.....

Sofa/Sofa bed are the same thing. They just take the cushions off the sofa and make it out as a twin bed. We were just on Conquest in April and this is how it was done. We used it as a bed, others in our group used it as a sofa in their cabins and it was the exact same piece of furniture. Comfortable and functional as a bed or sofa. Have a great time!

If you look at the cabins on the deck plan and your cabin does not have the asterik (*), then you will not have a sofa/sofabed at all. You will have two twin beds which can be separated or pushed together to make a king size bed. You should also have a small table and at least one chair.

Sofa/Sofa bed are the same thing. They just take the cushions off the sofa and make it out as a twin bed. We were just on Conquest in April and this is how it was done. We used it as a bed, others in our group used it as a sofa in their cabins and it was the exact same piece of furniture. Comfortable and functional as a bed or sofa. Have a great time!

Sorry but, no they really aren't. They have sofa beds in the rooms that Have the * and the sofa in other rooms is just a sofa. I had just a sofa. I looked at the sofa beds in other rooms. Not the same piece of furniture at all.

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for info and recomendations. I will be cruising with a few friends 9/20/09 on the Conquest to Key West and the Bahamas. There will be atleast 3 possibly 4 people to a cabin. Does anyone have a suggestion on what would be a suitable cabin? We like the idea of a balcony - Someone was telling me about a cabin with a floor to ceiling window but no balcony, is anyone familiar with this cabin? I would love to see photos of cabins and balconies. If you wouldn't mind sharing it would be greatly appreciated.

How about Menu information and what you would recomend to do at these ports.

Thank You So Much In Advance!!!!!

Julie

Hi Julie,

Sorry, I don't have pics to show. Since you are cruising with the crazies then you need to know that sailing is filling fast and so are the best cabins. If you want a balcony cabin then don't hesitate much longer to book it. Floor to ceilings windows are nice, but having a balcony to walk out onto is better in my opinion. Four women in one cabin sharing one bathroom can be a tight squeeze. You may want to consider two cabins (that ea. accomodate 2 ppl) with adjoining balconies.

I suggest calling Carnival and speaking with a pvp (personal vacation planner) to see what they suggest. You won't be obligated to make a reservation at that time if you don't want to.

If you are definitely all going to stay in one cabin then you have 4 cabin options. Option 1 is 2 cabins (2 twin beds each cabin) with connecting balconies as already mentioned. Option 2 is a cabin with 2 twin beds & a dbl size convertible sofa. Option 3 is 2 twin beds & 2 uppers (fold out bunks). Option 4 is 2 twin beds, single convertible sofa & 1 upper. Prices can vary a lot, so I wouldn't hesitate to call a pvp and start asking questions.

Good luck!

I have had a couple of aft balconies on the Conquest class ships that had a sofa that did not make out into a bed. Instead, there were very large drawers under the sofa where we kept our snacks, etc. It was great for storage.

We are on Conquest in aft cabin 6485. It does not have a * by it so that means the sofa is not a sofabed. Our question is, when you have a 2-person room without a sofabed, is the sofa a regular one instead of the sofabed type? Since there are only two of us, we don't like the way the sofabed sits for daytime use. Would be cool if it's a regular sofa. Thank you!!!

CaymanCraig@Yahoo.com

Aft balcony there is a sofa but it is smaller than the others a small child could sleep on it.

Archived