Laundry service on Zuiderdam

We're leaving for a 24 day trip in the Med. and I noticed on the HAL website that the Zuiderdam does not have laundry facilities on each floor. Does anyone have experience with their laundry service? Was it acceptable? Pricey?

Haven't been on Zuiderdam, but I believe the laundry service is consistent across all Vista class ships, and I have been on Westerdam. If you are in a deluxe suite, laundry and pressing are free. If not, you can send it out by the piece (pricey) or by the bag (good deal, if you stuff the bag full); or you can buy an unlimited laundry and/or pressing package when you board (may or may not be a good deal depending on how much you expect to want to send out). Prices vary based on location and length of cruise. The by-the-bag is $12 in the US, at last report, but may be pricier in Europe.

Turnaround time is 48 hours max, and can be shorter, or you can pay extra for express service. Large items come back on hangers or folded as requested, and the small stuff (undies, socks, etc.) comes wrapped in tissue and placed in a basket - very classy. No complaints here on the quality of the service, but I wouldn't send out really delicate stuff, just on general principles.

They iron a little ID tag onto each piece. Finding them months later is a nice way to remember what fun you had on the ship!

The following is the information HAL provided me re: laundry on the Zuiderdam.

Unlimited "laundry and pressing" packages are available

7-day sailing $ 45 per person

10-day sailing $ 70 per person

14-16 day sailing $ 95 per person

17-21 day sailing $120 per person

There is also an unlimited "pressing only" package for $30 per person for any length of itinerary.

For $12 per bag, we will wash and dry your clothes. Laundry bags can be found in your closet within your stateroom. This package does not include pressing or dry cleaning. There is a 48-hour turnaround time for this service and it can only be purchased onboard.

Would anyone know if you purchase the $12 per bag laundry package and then the $30 per person unlimited pressing package will they then wash and press your clothes at the same time.

We are on the 28 day Eurodam TA in April 2009 and cannot seem to find any prices for the unlimited laundry package.

I hope that makes sence !! :confused:

Cheers,

Cristiano

Every time we have used the laundry bag option, we have received the items back neatly pressed as well. I believe the unlimited pressing is more for if you just want the items pressed not washed as well

It is a wonderful deal

Every time we have used the laundry bag option, we have received the items back neatly pressed as well. It is a wonderful deal

This was my experience too (Zyderdam March '08 and Noordam November '06). Shirts and slacks were on hangers, other things neatly folded in a basket.

Archived