explorer of the seas - St. Thomas

I'm cruising to ST.Thomas on the Explorer and was wondering if anyone knows how far the ferry is from where the boat docks? I would like to travel to another island (St. John etc.), but would like to walk to the ferry ( I've been to St. Thomas already). Also, once off the ferry (in St. John) are you located near any towns? I have a small child and do not want to put her in a vehicle since we will not have a car seat.

Thanks!

Renee;)

I did this a couple years ago and if memory serves me right, we walked to get on the ferry but on the return we took the Red Hook and it drops you off at the other side of the island and need to take a cab back.

The ferry from port doesn't go as often as the Red Hook. Look in the St. Thomas port boards and you should find more detailed info there.

We did ST. Johns last year and we only had to walk to the end of the docking pier and we caught a ride on the ship to St Johns and then boarded a ride to the beach. Wasn't bad at all.

Fritz

How long of a boat ride is it?

Archived