Wine prices on Pacific Dawn

Hi all, cruising in 2 weeks on Pacific Dawn and would like to hear any recommendations and prices re the wine list that is on the ship. We like to have a bottle with dinner each night and possibly have a bottle in the cabin for when we need it.

Hi John, We bought a bottle of Seahorse Chardonnay each evening for $18.00. It was ok. I had never heard of it before and checked out the label. It is bottled in Wollongong which broke my Hunter Valley heart. :eek: :p

Phil bought a bottle of Donelli Lambrusco for about the same price.

Hi John, We bought a bottle of Seahorse Chardonnay each evening for $18.00. It was ok. I had never heard of it before and checked out the label. It is bottled in Wollongong which broke my Hunter Valley heart. :eek: :p

On the Pacific Sun this year (Feb/Mar and April/May) Seahorse Chardonnay and Seahorse Shiraz were $20. There will be particular wines recommended on the menu, but you an select anything from the full wine list. :)

Yeah, we have the Seahorse Bay Chardonnay and Shiraz too. Also what you don't finish at dinner one night, they will keep for you for the next night. Perhaps that won't happen very often for you. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Wish I was going along.

Jenny

Hi Guys

Jen can you ask Phil if the Lambrusco was nice please?

Gail

Hi all, cruising in 2 weeks on Pacific Dawn and would like to hear any recommendations and prices re the wine list that is on the ship. We like to have a bottle with dinner each night and possibly have a bottle in the cabin for when we need it.

We were on the Pacific Sun last year & went to a wine tasting. This cost us $9.50 each but we were then able to pre purchase wine at $5 off per bottle.

We were on the Pacific Sun last year & went to a wine tasting. This cost us $9.50 each but we were then able to pre purchase wine at $5 off per bottle.

Hi

Yes we did on P/D Nov last year it was well worth the $9 it costs.

Thanks Jen I love Lambusca. Might have to share a couple between Phil and me:p

Cheers Gail

Hi there,

The wine prices were fair, Mr Devil isn't really a wine drinker, so I'd often get a glass or two, they come in small and large, starting around $6-ish to 8-ish, depending on what you have, if you're going to have more than 3 between you, best to go for a bottle. You can recork and take back to your room or have the next night, they'll label it and look after it. We did develop a bit of a taste for the old Asti Riccadonna, even Mr D indulged, but obviously you can't recork that. I think it was around $32/$33?

I did go to the wine tasting, and even if you're not into that, it was very entertaining, more of a floorshow, and you get to see the wine waiters break out their personalities, absolutely hilarious. The bonus is you can buy wines a bit cheaper. Some stocked up a little. You also get a few nibblies to go with it, interesting, and worth the $9.90 to attend.

The Devils.

Archived