Leaving enough time?

reds9

We are flying into FLL from Philadelphia to cruise with Princess leaving at 5pm. Our flight is not scheduled to land until about 1 o'clock. I understand the airport is very close to the cruise port and I will make arrangements with cruise line for shuttle but does anyone have experience with how much time it takes for processing, etc. Do you think this is enough time to make cruise? I'm hoping if there are any delays in philadelphia they will be minimal. This was the earliest flight we could get. Any opinions or advice?

I will make arrangements with cruise line for shuttle

Do NOT make arrangements with the cruiseline for the shuttle. Simply take a taxicab for the 2.5 mile ride from Ft Lauderdale airport to Port Everglades. A 1 pm arrival will be fine, you'll have plenty of time to make the cruise. Once your in the terminal processing will not be a concern they push you through in no time.

We all know arriving the day before is the best bet, especially if your traveling in the winter months. Delays can happen, especially in todays trying times. But if everything goes according to schedule you'll be onboard sipping a pina colada by 3pm (if not sooner).

TOTALLY agree with the pp. Don't mess with the shuttles! You'll rush to the bus, only to sit and wait for other flights with passengers to show up. Beat them all and cab the short distance.

You didn't say when you are cruising, but you know weather problems in Phil. can create some havoc with schedules. If you are so worried, I would in the future, get to FL a day in advance and relax. It's a great way to start a cruise. For now, if all goes as planned, you have plenty of time.

Archived