Cabin size when cruising with Infant...

my $.02

My wife and I will be cruising Carnival Valor in 1/2009 with our 13 month old son.

Normally, we get a regular balcony room and cant see how we would fit the crib in there. BUT, I know people do it and I would like to hear if it is OK for the week?

Our choice is thism or to move to a suite, but that is $$$$$.

Please help and let me know what you think.

Why wouldn't you be able to fit a crib in a normal balcony? I've been in an Ocean View on Carnival and was able to fit extra beds in there.

You may have to walk around it, but it shouldn't take up too much room.

Do they have pack n plays or cribs on Carnival? If it's a pack n play, you can collapse it to store it during the times the baby isn't sleeping.

I know that someone commented on my blog that they had to climb over their bed to get to the balcony door when the baby was sleeping. But it can be done.

There's no need to get a suite. Since there are 3 of you, you would have a cabin with beds for 3 people. The couch will be made into a bed. You could either put your child in the couch/bed or let him sleep in the big bed with you. You and your spouse could switch off on who sleeps on the couch/bed each night.

Another idea is to bring a pack and play and put it in front of the couch. I would take it down when your child isn't using it so you have more space.

We sailed last summer with our then 14 month old son and we were in a standard size, ocean view room on RCCL Splendour. It was tight, but we made it work. We didn't spend much time in the room, so it wasn't that important to us to have lots of floor space to walk around.

we just did a cruise with 3 people in our room...and our son was in the crib. We had a standard inside room and had plenty of roomon carnival...we even had walking room in b/t the bed and the crib...so its definitely doable

Just off the carnival legend with our 7 month old. We had a balcony room and everything fit fine. I followed the advice of another cruise critic post and removed the two end tables next the bed. The former poster said the cabin steward will even remove them from the room but we just stuffed them in the extra closet. Then we pushed the bed over towards the wall and it made more room for the pack n play. We did opt to take down the pack n play each morning. That way, we push the table to the side, spread out a sheet and baby could have crawl time as we were getting ready. We also took a portable swing in case naps were a problem and just shoved it under the bed when he didn't need it.

I didn't feel like it was too small, though it would have been nice to have some extra drawers in the room:)

We've had a pack n play in a regular balcony cabin before; it worked out fine. We had the room steward remove the coffee table near the couch and kept the pnp up the entire cruise. It did not leave a lot of floor space, but there was still room to get around.

Anyone have any thoughts on 2 cribs in the room? We will have our twins with us in November (18 months old) and are going to need 2 cribs in our outside room. I'm going to try to do my best to get them to sleep in a bed by that time (instead of a crib), but that's still up in the air. I tried to book a cabin for 2 people that would NOT have the larger sleeper sofa in it, but was denied by Carnival. I was told I have to book a room for 4 even though we only need 2 beds.

Becky--I think it would be tough with 2 cribs. You might want to work on getting them comfortable sleeping in a bed before you cruise. (My oldest moved to a bed around 15 months because his baby brother needed the crib, and he did just fine. He actually slept MUCH better in the bed!)

You can put the twins in the big bed with one adult and take turns sleeping on the couch /bed with your spouse. You can even get a foldable bed railing to put on the side of the bed with your child, so he doesn't fall out. We had one and used it everytime we were in a hotel with our toddlers.

Just off the carnival legend with our 7 month old. We had a balcony room and everything fit fine. I followed the advice of another cruise critic post and removed the two end tables next the bed. The former poster said the cabin steward will even remove them from the room but we just stuffed them in the extra closet. Then we pushed the bed over towards the wall and it made more room for the pack n play. We did opt to take down the pack n play each morning. That way, we push the table to the side, spread out a sheet and baby could have crawl time as we were getting ready. We also took a portable swing in case naps were a problem and just shoved it under the bed when he didn't need it.

I didn't feel like it was too small, though it would have been nice to have some extra drawers in the room:)

Did Carnival provide the pack n play or did u bring ur own?

Archived