Statendam first timer questions

jetstorm

My first time on a HAL ship (Statendam) and I have a few questions. I would love to hear what the ocean view ("C" Veranda deck) cabins offer. They don't have a frig. right? Do they have electric outlets in the bathroom and main cabin or should I bring one? Is there a nightlight in the bathroom? Are there laundry facilities on each deck and do they provide irons in them?

Dh wants to know if they serve lobster, French onion soup and/or escargot.

Anything anyone can tell me about this grade cabin and this ship will be greatly appreciated. I love to research and find out little known/unadvertised things about the ship to tell my cruisemates.

The cabins are wonderful. All cabins except suites have ONE outlet on the main counter where the makeup mirror is in the main cabin. No frig in that grade but they may be rented. No nightlight but if you have OV there is plenty of light coming in. There are laundry facilities on most decks, they all have irons and boards in them.

On formal nights they may serve all of those dishes you mentioned. I have had escargot several different ways on board. French Onion soup is always available for dinner, and lobster is usually served on the last formal night. I hope this helps you out.

We've found there is an outlet in the bathroom at the bottom of the hairdryer (great for recharging electric razors). I just bring a night light from home to plug in there. I prefer the night light to turning on the bright lights for any nighttime visits. Also, if you are looking at the C cabins, you'll need to keep your curtains closed at night for privacy (and due to the bight lights out on the Lower Promenade) so you may want a nightlight for the cabin too. The C cabins also are smaller than the rest of the outside cabins due to the deck outside. You'll give up a bit of space for the proximity of the largest verandah on the ship. ;)

Archived