Maasdam-Cabin Question

raetime

We are new to HAL and are going to book a 8/23/08 cruise to Canada/New England this week. The balonies are sold out so I am thinking of Cat D Stateroom 418,419 or 20 which is the back of the ship (oceanview). Has anyone ever stayed in any of those rooms? Or would we be better off on port side? Thanks

Port or starboard doesn't really matter. I've not stayed this far aft on LP deck, but as I recall there are doors close to these cabins. I stayed near the doors on Promenade deck and they can be noisy opening/closing. You may also experience a bit more vibration from the engines.

If the budget allows, you might consider selecting a cat C cabin closer to midship. Midship is a smoother ride in the event of rough weather.

A very good thing about any cabin on Lower Promenade deck: You will have the largest balcony of any ship afloat!:D

http://book.hollandamerica.com/fleet/deckPlan.do?ship=ma&deck=lp&year=next

Maasdam is among my favorite ships. I've sailed her in a category C on LP. I wouldn't hesitiate to sail her again, given the right itinerary and price.

We stayed in 420 in 2006 and actually found the room to be slightly larger than your normal outside cabin. The only problems we had was the A/C went out and they gave us a fan; we could hear the anchors going up and down when we were in port and could hear everyone going out and coming in from the deck. But it was very nice to have the door that close for us to go in and out without having to walk far. We didn't hear any engine noise like we thought we might. Have a good trip. We are taking the Maasdam for the 3rd time in late November.

Archived