Murder Mystery Dinner????

It does not cost anything extra.

On the SUN we signed up the day before in the Library.

You meet at dinner the next day and they give you a basic script that outlines the character you are to play that night.

It is very fun if everyone is into it, as our group was!

Have fun!

:)

I'm not sure if they have them on all NCL cruises or not, but we did have it on the Jewel 4/20 sailing. They had so many sign up they had two different ones on different nights. I think our CC group almost filled up the first night mystery dinner.

I took part in this on the Star a year ago Feb. but we just sailed on the Jade b2b and I am guessing it has been replaced with 2.0. In fact, they did the mystery dinner for the teens and not the adults. For the adults, the offered Tony and Tina's wedding with a cover charge.

We were on the Star last week. The mystery dinner sign ups were only mentioned in a line on the daily. The sign ups were in the library, during a couple of hours one morning. We wanted to join, but somehow forgot to sign up. Didn't hear anything else about it afterward.

Guest Anorak33

Alicat22 - this is exactly why I did a group signup for the Jewel T/Atlantic - I had 83 members down on my list and I just handed it to the CD, no need to line up in the Library for anybody.

A few pointers for anyone who wants to attend a murder mystery diner.

(1)Make sure everyone in your group can hear, read and speak English properly and has taken their reading glasses.

(2)Make sure everyone in your group takes notice of the dress code as this is often held in the main restaurant which has a no jeans, no flipflops, no tanktop policy.

(3)Do not agree to sit at a long table for 8 if they try to seat you at one in the restaurant. Only a round table works for this! Be insistent! Otherwise you will NOT be able to hear what the folk on the ends are saying. And that IS essential.

(4)When you meet in the Theatre before the dinner sit with the folk you want to sit with during the dinner.

(5)Don't peek at pages in your script which are further along than you have reached. You may become confused or confusing to others. Also you will NOT find out the murderer that way in any case.

(6)If you ARE the murderer your script will tell you so in the beginning. Try not to show surprise or anything similar if you read that as it would give it away to the other players.

Alicat22 - this is exactly why I did a group signup for the Jewel T/Atlantic - I had 83 members down on my list and I just handed it to the CD, no need to line up in the Library for anybody.

A few pointers for anyone who wants to attend a murder mystery diner.

(3)Do not agree to sit at a long table for 8 if they try to seat you at one in the restaurant. Only a round table works for this! Be insistent! Otherwise you will NOT be able to hear what the folk on the ends are saying. And that IS essential.

You do not "line up" in the library...no line:)

Long table worked fine for us:confused:

Guess we all had good hearing:)

Just one more comment, we did the MM dinner on both the Pearl and the Sun, and both dinners were extremely early for us (I think we had to meet at 5pm on the Sun, after a day in Cozumel :rolleyes:). We made dinner plans at a specialty restaurant for our regular dinner at 8pm, and just had appetizers during the MM dinner. We sat with others on the Sun, making up a group of 8, but on the Pearl, the MM was for a party of 6, and our party filled it perfectly.

Robin

I think it depends on the Cruise Director and staff as to what ship it is available on. We enjoyed it on the Sun and the Spirit - but the Jade didn't offer it - which surprised me with it being a TA and 6 sea days. One would think it was the perfect itinery for the Murder Mystery. But then "one" was wrong. :rolleyes: They are great fun, especially with a fun CC group.

Could be it doesn't allow for a large amount of passengers to participate (space was limited on the Spirit) so some CD's don't factor it in.

this is a fun activity. nothing extra. and if you have an open mind and a great sense of humor...you'll have a blast. basically you are just having dinner with a script handed to you from which to read.

personally, i have put in the suggestion on last year's Spirit cruise. it would be nice to set up the teams and hand out the characters ahead of time. then if you really wanted to (and if you could) dress up as best you can in your character...or even get to know your character. make it just like the movie Clue.

but that's just me...i can be such a ham. and for the single guys (which i am not)...it's GREAT way to meet some ladies.

Archived